BillOHIO

Early Cub with hand lift

BillOHIO    0

Have friend that is restoring his Father-in-law's early Cub. It has a hand lift lever instead of hydraulic lift. He asked if that lever should be red or blue ? I have researched on line and have found pictures of both. Some with a red lever and linkage and some with blue. How do you think they came when new ?  Thanks in advance for information.

mmi    0

I have had them both ways also  is john cub still with us...?

.choose  .based on serial #...as base model '47-48 was bare bones lift would not be standard  thus shipped with nothing

after say 18 months if demand high enough,dealer  could order factory then it would be line sprayed red

if it was ordered separate ,dealer installed,or as an add on,...upgrade with new implement it would be mccormick blue until mccormick brand was dropped..then once HYD became standard or delete  they would have only been NOS in the warehouse

checked photos from big sale  none had blue..but all but 2 were hyd  or '52 up

mmi    0

so basically first 14-18 months was (blue) part of the various mccormick attachment  then production (red)as everyone wanted some attachment to lift and fairly quickly went to hyd so correct police would likely accept '47-48-49 serial # as blue

BillOHIO    0

Thanks gentlemen for the info ! I will pass this info along to my friend.