Pete1468

Insurance companies are ridiculous

Pete1468    0

I've had my 2005 refer trailer for almost 2 months now and get a call this morning they want me to take the refer unit off.  Asked why and they don't want to be liable if it doesn't work and spoiled freight.  Explained again to them, dynos won't spoil and the refer is for my comfort at shows.  It's insured with the truck as farm as I explained to my agent what it would be used for.  I don't even have coverage on my grain being hauled, that's extra above the truck and trailers.  Maybe someday I'll understand everything insurance wise.

bitty    0

Oh My..... Common sense has vanished 

MTO    0

Are you covered for a zombie apocalypse?

Pete1468    0

I could understand if I had commercial insurance and didn't want to pay extra to have loads insured.

mmi    0

claim on liable for coverage they didnt specifically bill for...fat chance

Here we have state minimum  (all by law you are required to have)well obviously haul trucks need more...Ok  well 5 years ago..ALL must have that same $1m   (cant be package/umbrella etc) EACH with the full inflated package ( you may crash all 10 before we drop you)!! 4-5X $ state required

also if no plates  no road use/no coverage .....no possible claim they would be required to pay...so three years ago  if you own, it must have FULL coverage full bill  (pay attention) on bill it says state full road use legal coverage pay 15%-....100% provides no road use coverage this is on vehicles they cover otherwise and know are antiques and/or not been of the garage in 20 years ( no claim possible for ANY out of garage issue)

basically they say $1m coverage for a diamond  and exact same coverage for the paste copies or any claim on the diamond will be denied and the paste is absolutely never covered

talk about INSURANCE FRAUD!!

rcb    0

Just another industry that lobbies itself into profit. It sounds good and looks good on paper, but a little common sense shows it's folly. I bet at the end of the day we pay over 30% of all money out to insurance companies of one type or another.

660 driver    0

Piss be upon insurance. You pay and pay for years then it comes time to need it they fight you tooth and nail! Of course you have to have it by law so they guarantee them a pay day with no recourse if they can get away without paying you.

rcb    0

Yes. We burn wood and live away from a full time fire department. For the price they want for homeowners, we could rebuild the house every 10 years. Of course there's more included, but still.

Jaa600    0
7 hours ago, rcb said:

Yes. We burn wood and live away from a full time fire department. For the price they want for homeowners, we could rebuild the house every 10 years. Of course there's more included, but still.

I'm really surprised you can even find home owners insurance burning wood. They dropped my dad because of it. He looked around, couldn't find anyone to cover him so he put in a gas furnace. Worked out well for me. I hate cutting wood.

rcb    0

Farm Bureau. Actually a few will, you just have to meet their requirements. Either way they want a load for it. Not worth it in my opinion. There are other options. Property liability actually covers most of what I want insurance for. We do have an electric furnace but it was about $300 a month to run. We've not used it in years though. It probably needs maintenance at this point. I have considered installing a heat pump as a fashion of back and AC but just haven't gotten around to it. Also looked at outside wood burners when we are away from home during the winter.

Mike H    0

our current house has/had 90# over 6'' cedar siding.

old ins. underwriter. demanded the 90# removed,the new co. asked why did you take the 90# off:rolleyes:

gets better,, the current angent flipped out over the properity we are purchasing , said it cant be covered.

another agent and same underwriter said no problem.

Mike

also wood heat ,,, no problem

AKwelder    0

Car insurance and property insurance are a pain, I went to get the 73 1210 on the insurance so it could be on the road, over an hour because the VIN has a Q, and their computer program says that is not allowed, then they want to share me for collision, towing, repair, road side assistance, rental car and more.  I had them strip it down to only what I was required to have, $20 a month,  my 89 Ford flatbed is $17 a month.

it just doesn't add up

mader656    0
5 hours ago, Mike H said:

our current house has/had 90# over 6'' cedar siding.

old ins. underwriter. demanded the 90# removed,the new co. asked why did you take the 90# off:rolleyes:

gets better,, the current angent flipped out over the properity we are purchasing , said it cant be covered.

another agent and same underwriter said no problem.

Mike

also wood heat ,,, no problem

Told our agent wood heat, he asked about backup said ventless propane...he said that is your primary heat wood back-up....saves a ton...

14 hours ago, mader656 said:

Told our agent wood heat, he asked about backup said ventless propane...he said that is your primary heat wood back-up....saves a ton...

Same here. Adjuster was nice enough to correct me when he was giving me a quote. I put a outdoor boiler in and if it is less than 100' from any major structure its extra too. I think it was like 75/yr extra. I have a wood stove in my shop so I pay it either way.

I live in a volunteer FD district, but actually am closer to a paid district. When getting a quote it was 900/yr cheaper to go with non volunteer since it was closer even though when the call is made to FD the volunteer will come out because its their district. Go figure that pencil whipping out.

Farmers insurance wouldn't even give me a quote because there was not a neighboring house within eye sight of mine. Go figure that out. Surely by now that has changed

exSW    0

How about this one. My son leaves State Farm for his own policy. I lose my multi car discount. I lose an under 25 driver and my insurance goes UP!

Bye bye State Farm. After 25 plus years.