rray

led headlights

rray    0

My 67 rowcrop 504 had one headlight missing when I got it and the other was broken. I am thinking I would like to replace them with led headlights. I do not know what would be comparable to the old sealed beams. I only have one of the OEM housings. I am looking for a complete assembly that would have a similar pattern and distance as the original. Any suggestion?

I would call Mike Links at @ triple r tractors he should be able to help you. He is 88 series restorer on here. His number is 618795 3950

lorenzo    0
44 minutes ago, tractorholic said:

I would call Mike Links at @ triple r tractors he should be able to help you. He is 88 series restorer on here. His number is 618795 3950

Thats good advice. 

SMOKER 1    0

Mike would be able to handle the lights for you but the housing would have to come from a salvage yard.  I would call Bates Corporation at 800-248-2955.

jerry

Mike helped a gentleman at HCOP while I was standing there with LED lights for a 504. He is where I would start. 

Jeff-C-IL    0

Many LED lights have their own housing, you just need to fit them into the same opening.    I bought mine at Surplus Center.   As far as same pattern, etc....that is sorta like asking if you can buy a coon hunting spotlight with the same pattern as a oil lamp...!  Yes, there are patterns, but the difference in light is so radical I'm not sure that matters much.   I'd buy a set of 2500 lumen LEDS and light up the night!

Wilks54    0

I will tell you that there is some cheap overseas made crap for sale, and you will not be happy with those cheaper ones.  If you are really going to use them, call Mike and he will get you some that will work and hold up.  He has gone through all that hassle and has the good ones you will want.  If you dont plan on using them, then just put the original halogen style back on.  

Jeff-C-IL    0

Totally agree, you are not out much.   If they work, great, if they don't, mount them on the ATV... or use them as utility lights (combine grain tank, unloader, planter fill, etc..