tony in ca.

New Tractor Shed Started ,Sept 7,17

12 hours ago, rsscott said:

I thought you said that you were retiring?  If I were retired, I would move out of the **** hole that has become California.  Eleven months of government bull schit to build a storage building.  I would move.

Yep,

I am supposed to be retired but I am working more now then when  farming.:lol:

If I was in my 30 or 40's even fifties I would seriously consider,  Panhandle of Texas,  Shelbina area of Mo. , Champaign IL. for farming.

As for moving ,We seriously talk about it, but at close to 72 years old as I am , I would be crazy to move. I know how games are played here , As in I went to my County Supervisor and got permit approved , I waited cause I did not want to use my trump card, but I did.

California politics sucks big time!  If things get worse I may have no choice.  However, I have Farmed here all my life and even though everything is high , The price I got for my land reflected that so I am whole. . The rental properties I bought ,the rents reflect the extra tax and bullshit tacked on landowners.

I have my home place to play with my red girls, and very comfortable. A little house on the Central coast , Occupied by mostly central valley conservative people ,and I have a Motor home to get out of here and visit areas that reflect my values. Love the Mid- West.

My family is here , My home place is here    , my life long friends are here and most important at my age my Doctors are here.

One big thing is I would die if I had to deal with snow .  Never have dealt with snow, Don't care to start now.

So to answer your question , This shop is probably the last thing I'll build and the reason I retired was because I did not want to deal with the idiocy of Calif . Rules and regs.

But calif. property has made me comfortable and continues to provide my living allowing me to do the things I want to do .

Even though, I had to go through the hoops for the shed I am Blessed to be able to afford the shed, to be doing it and complaining about the rules.

Do not take me wrong I am not selling Calif . to anyone ! I hate our standing in the political world.  But I am in the system and grown accustomed to the crap we have to face out here. I love Trump and am waiting with bated breath for Trump to tell Jerry Brown to F- himself. and cut funds!

I am glad that I am the age I am, because I think I have lived and operated in the best times Calif Ag had to offer and perhaps the whole US.

Tony

On 9/13/2017 at 10:32 AM, tony in ca. said:

Oh ! Been on hypertension pills since 45 yrs old. lol.

Tony 

Every 'ol cotton farmer and ginner I know takes some kind of blood pressure meds!!  :-)

7 hours ago, littlered166 said:

Tony: Thanks for the pictures. Keep them coming.   Pembroke

I will .

They tell me a two week curing period for concrete.

Tony

5 hours ago, twostepn2001 said:

Every 'ol cotton farmer and ginner I know takes some kind of blood pressure meds!!  :-)

I can believe that ! 

When I stopped growing it ,I said cotton is for a young man,  You had to run faster ever year just to stay still !

But I have to thank Cotton !  It made it possible to get into Farming and introduced me to International Harvester Equipment.

Tony 

12 hours ago, tony in ca. said:

Yep,

I am supposed to be retired but I am working more now then when  farming.:lol:

If I was in my 30 or 40's even fifties I would seriously consider,  Panhandle of Texas,  Shelbina area of Mo. , Champaign IL. for farming.

As for moving ,We seriously talk about it, but at close to 72 years old as I am , I would be crazy to move. I know how games are played here , As in I went to my County Supervisor and got permit approved , I waited cause I did not want to use my trump card, but I did.

California politics sucks big time!  If things get worse I may have no choice.  However, I have Farmed here all my life and even though everything is high , The price I got for my land reflected that so I am whole. . The rental properties I bought ,the rents reflect the extra tax and bullshit tacked on landowners.

I have my home place to play with my red girls, and very comfortable. A little house on the Central coast , Occupied by mostly central valley conservative people ,and I have a Motor home to get out of here and visit areas that reflect my values. Love the Mid- West.

My family is here , My home place is here    , my life long friends are here and most important at my age my Doctors are here.

One big thing is I would die if I had to deal with snow .  Never have dealt with snow, Don't care to start now.

So to answer your question , This shop is probably the last thing I'll build and the reason I retired was because I did not want to deal with the idiocy of Calif . Rules and regs.

But calif. property has made me comfortable and continues to provide my living allowing me to do the things I want to do .

Even though, I had to go through the hoops for the shed I am Blessed to be able to afford the shed, to be doing it and complaining about the rules.

Do not take me wrong I am not selling Calif . to anyone ! I hate our standing in the political world.  But I am in the system and grown accustomed to the crap we have to face out here. I love Trump and am waiting with bated breath for Trump to tell Jerry Brown to F- himself. and cut funds!

I am glad that I am the age I am, because I think I have lived and operated in the best times Calif Ag had to offer and perhaps the whole US.

Tony

Thanks, Tony for your candid comments. I an also 71 and like you do not want to start over. However, the political situation that you mention in California is duplicated here in Ontario. Makes me wonder if a lot of the California population originally came from Ontario. I know I have a lot of 3rd and 5th cousins in the Davis and Palo Alto areas of California and my Grandfather's first cousin is buried in Orange County. I also know we are working hard to get the money for negative advertising so that we can throw the old witch Wynne out next June. Federally we have a dumb part time drama teacher trying to play Prime Minister (Trudeau) and he has got himself into major political problems recently with his taxation proposal and cancellation of the Energy east pipeline. Major acrimony with some of the Premiers of the provinces being upset with other provinces.

Progress !

Crew will be here at dark thirty to begin sawing the door opening in old shop for a pass through to new shed  .

We will have a concrete pad and be able to roll or drive tractors through from one building to the other.

They called me this morning and asked me to have everything cleared out in that bay.

So four of the girls saw sunlight today  ,Ill clean everything out then let them sleep in doors tonight till morning.

Few pic's    This is the first time I have seen the 1468 out side with the Quick hitch attached and the new 14.1 x 16 front rims on and the new mufflers & heat shields , I am in process of making a few changes , The 18x38 rims on P.U. are going to powder coat tomorrow they will go on the 1468, I want 20.5 x38's and I think that's it for sprucing up . I know many people liked the straight pipes but IMHO, they looked awkward to me and the sound was just to loud with no quality of sound IMHO I think the mufflers will sound richer. If not I still have the straights.

The last pic is the bay that will have the back door .  It will be 14x12 being old shed is lower but new shed entry doors will be 16x14.

Tony

IMG_5240.JPG

IMG_5242.JPG

IMG_5244.JPG

IMG_5245.JPG

IMG_5246.JPG

IMG_5247.JPG

On 9/13/2017 at 9:43 AM, MTO said:

The hoops we have to jump through here to build a new building of ANY sort are/have been ridiculous.

I can`t even IMAGINE what Cali makes you do!

Our twp is trying to pass laws/permits/taxes on simple/small/movable carports!

I hope not as I have 5 of them... sigh.

This is just an online example picture.

18x21-Regular-Carport-2.jpg?1348418718

This type of building is zoned out in the TEXAS city I live in.

When all the people from the left coast and north coast moved to this area in the late 80's until today, they brought their use expectations with them

They moved into government positions and zadah, many more regulations and higher taxes to support them.

4 hours ago, oleman said:

This type of building is zoned out in the TEXAS city I live in.

When all the people from the left coast and north coast moved to this area in the late 80's until today, they brought their use expectations with them

They moved into government positions and zadah, many more regulations and higher taxes to support them.

Trouble is that your city is just too close to DFW...lol 

Tony, was wondering if you could take some close ups of the 68's muffler shields. I have a set of chrome stacks mufflers and shields to put on but was wondering what kind of a clamp you used to install the shields. 

Thanks, Orin

Orin,

I will , but we are working on that . The book shows a clip in shield held on by radiator type clamp. But we are trying something a little cleaner & secure.

I just have the left one done,  But what I did is use 3inch clamps then cut a connector nut in half  . (One inch )  , then take a thick walled spacer and cut it at angle so that bolt and mounting goes in straight , because if not, you have the curvature of the shield.

Then I plan to CermiKote the connector nut & spacer and bolt.

I'll get you pic tomorrow .

Tony

Today , they marked the placement of cross over door in old shed.

They graded and made the forms for the door aprons on both entry doors and are laying forms for concrete pad going from old building to new.

Tony

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 6:30 PM, NY1468 said:

Tony, was wondering if you could take some close ups of the 68's muffler shields. I have a set of chrome stacks mufflers and shields to put on but was wondering what kind of a clamp you used to install the shields. 

Thanks, Orin

I promised you pictures so, here they are.

The spacers we have cut are to large ID . The new long one is what we'll use, Its thicker keeps bolts straighter

WE are going to cut the new angle spacers closer.

When we are done then I ill CerimiKote or Chrome them

Tony

IMG_5248.JPG

IMG_5249.JPG

IMG_5250.JPG

IMG_5251.JPG

IMG_5252.JPG

That is a very nice and clean installation, they had told me to use a radiator clamp with a spacer but wasn't sure how to make it work and look good. You do great work and have beautiful equipment. Thank you for the pics.

Orin

The 1468 looks great Tony , can't wait to see the big rubber on the back 😊 

Danny 

Door aprons are in .

Building delivered 10/27/17

Looking forward to seeing some iron up next week

Surprise is the trucker is a friend of mine and a fellow Antique collector from Tulare. We were both taken back when I walked out because he had never been here and I had no idea he had a hauling contract with Butler Buildings. lol  

Tony

IMG_5331.JPG

IMG_5332.JPG

IMG_5333.JPG

IMG_5334.JPG

IMG_5335.JPG

IMG_5336.JPG

Finally Iron sticks started going up today !

Started at 7 am and by 3 pm the were at that last pic point.

Had a Iowa visitor  Ryan Peters AKA old F-20. Sporting a Forum member Boomer  transport tee shirt.

Photo op with my foreman Sal Sr., Since I retired ,Sal did also, so the two of us farm 20 acres of Almonds now. lol.  ( high labor bill per acre) :lol:

Couple pics of me giving Ryan a hard time.

Ryan came to town Friday evening we did dinner and some visits in neighborhood. We then attended a collectors Auction on Sat. where he bought a OS4. I kept my hands in pocket.

We also visited James Costa in Tulare ,Ca. James is a I,H, show in himself.

Ryan left after the photo ops at I;45 pm hope he is back in Iowa by now.

I'll continue posting progress on shop as it progresses .

Tony

IMG_5349.JPG

IMG_5350.JPG

IMG_5351.JPG

IMG_5352.JPG

IMG_5353.JPG

IMG_5354.JPG

IMG_5360.JPG

IMG_5355.JPG

IMG_5398.JPG

IMG_5399.JPG

Tony: looks like that building will go up pretty fast. Keep the pics coming.  Pembroke

Looking nice Tony. 

Moving right along, looks good Tony. Steel buildings are the only way to go.

Alan

On October 10, 2017 at 9:57 PM, tony in ca. said:

Progress !

Crew will be here at dark thirty to begin sawing the door opening in old shop for a pass through to new shed  .

We will have a concrete pad and be able to roll or drive tractors through from one building to the other.

They called me this morning and asked me to have everything cleared out in that bay.

So four of the girls saw sunlight today  ,Ill clean everything out then let them sleep in doors tonight till morning.

Few pic's    This is the first time I have seen the 1468 out side with the Quick hitch attached and the new 14.1 x 16 front rims on and the new mufflers & heat shields , I am in process of making a few changes , The 18x38 rims on P.U. are going to powder coat tomorrow they will go on the 1468, I want 20.5 x38's and I think that's it for sprucing up . I know many people liked the straight pipes but IMHO, they looked awkward to me and the sound was just to loud with no quality of sound IMHO I think the mufflers will sound richer. If not I still have the straights.

The last pic is the bay that will have the back door .  It will be 14x12 being old shed is lower but new shed entry doors will be 16x14.

Tony

IMG_5240.JPG

IMG_5242.JPG

IMG_5244.JPG

IMG_5245.JPG

IMG_5246.JPG

IMG_5247.JPG

You got the nice super c , do you have cultivators   for it ? , if you do how do they attach to and work with it ? Just asking becuase I never cultivated with Wide front?  , in fact I  only cultivated once and that's a disaster I choose to forget . Sorry to digress from the subject but would like to know more about it . I will post about it someda y super c wf cultivate 

avant'e  

560Dennis

I do not have cultivator experience with a C . All my cultivating was with a Farmall 400 four row front mount.

We did mostly Hay mowing and raking with C

Tony

Tony, would you be able to take a up close pic of the IH sign on your building of the tractor and truck outlines?  I want to make one for my shed and if I could get a good pic it would make it much easier.  Thanks.

Little more shop progress !

Tony

IMG_5404.JPG

IMG_5405.JPG

IMG_5406.JPG