tony in ca.

New Tractor Shed Started ,Sept 7,17

Happy to finally see a shovel ready job beginning.

Been wanting to do this for a few years . Decided last Oct. it was time drew plans ,put deposit down and headed to the County Office for a building permit . 11 months later we have it in hand.

Had to go over some heads to get action but here we are.

This will be a 40 W x 85L x18 H Steel butler building  cement floors . Two drive through doors ,two man doors , and a drive through door connecting existing shop to new shed.

My existing is 40x75 x 12  New one will be 20ft behind existing.

Tony

IMG_5100.JPG

IMG_5101.JPG

IMG_5102.JPG

IMG_5103.JPG

IMG_5105.JPG

IMG_5109.JPG

IMG_5110.JPG

That's going to earn you can add to your tractor collection. What's the next tractor you want to get?

12 minutes ago, metamora farmall said:

That's going to earn you can add to your tractor collection. What's the next tractor you want to get?

Well , I have to fit all that I have in both sheds ,so no more, for the foreseeable future.

Don't forget , I don't have the 1206 from Iowa here or the 55W hay baler I bought in May from Paso Robles here yet. Or the P.U..

I think I have enough toys , I just want to house them neatly and enjoy them and be able to take care of them without having to move three to get to one or also in my case drive 1 1/2 miles to a neighbor's back yard ,deal with his dogs , trying to check on my tractors in his shed that I rent.

We planned it out and I pretty much have them full already & still have the two tractors I use for my little orchard to protect. One being a JD 2640 1976 first year built that was my first new Orchard tractor.

I just thought of it also ,I am wanting to store my 4440 JD from my cotton days along with a little Ford 800 from my early almond days.

Shoot may need a third. lol.

Tony

WHATS ALL THOSE PUMPS AND MECHANICALS FOR?

1 hour ago, farmall666 said:

It takes 11 months to get a permit.... It's probably an emissions system to please the wackos

:)

3 hours ago, bitty said:

It takes 11 months to get a permit.... It's probably an emissions system to please the wackos

Kind of a wacky tobacco filtering system for all those wackos?

Tony, I think this shed should be East more, as in my yard!

Im sure it's going to look great but with 18 ft ceilings your going to have to start getting some combines and specialty equipment in your collection!

Sid

Sounds really nice Tony. Does the mobile board room get a bay in this building when not in use?

Very nice! I'm envious. I've started keeping all the equipment at the house. Put up a small equipment shed. Hoping to have the Amish put up a 40x60x12 here one of these years.

that is way too small already   started this week discussing  converting just that size silage bunk(low fees/ hurdles)

to excess(what would normally be left over 3-4-5c) dry hay storage for horse citidiots (COD only!!)

over 1/2 the equipment for our small operation sits out  as the 2nd 60 x 120  would be over $70K cost + FEES+ high tax

7 hours ago, farmall666 said:

That pump is a 50 H.P. Ag irrigation used in flood irrigation . It was originally there ,got refurbished during drought.  It saved my bacon with the permit process with Cal-Fire .

Most guys out here are having to install water holding tanks based on sq . footage of shed for fire protection. 

They asked for current pump test ; Its 307 ft deep pumps 800 gallons per/Minute .

The said it met their specs .  

The fill hose you see on discharge pipe is used to fill water truck for dirt road dust control & to fill Orchard Sprayer.

The pressure pump tank & line is our house well and we had to reroute water lines and stub out for shed hose bib.

Tony

2 minutes ago, mmi said:

that is way too small already   started this week discussing  converting just that size silage bunk(low fees/ hurdles)

to excess(what would normally be left over 3-4-5c) dry hay storage for horse citidiots (COD only!!)

over 1/2 the equipment for our small operation sits out  as the 2nd 60 x 120  would be over $70K cost + FEES+ high tax

You are right !  I know this will be full in no time.  However, I am trying to fit it in an already designated pad , and being its  for housing toys , and at my age , there has to be a limit .

If I was in my 50's and still full out farming it would of been double in size.

Tony

The hoops we have to jump through here to build a new building of ANY sort are/have been ridiculous.

I can`t even IMAGINE what Cali makes you do!

Our twp is trying to pass laws/permits/taxes on simple/small/movable carports!

I hope not as I have 5 of them... sigh.

This is just an online example picture.

18x21-Regular-Carport-2.jpg?1348418718

7 hours ago, bitty said:

Yep , put in App. last Oct. end of line, working up the line , they have corrections ,they want , we answer them , back to end of line, then they ask and we answer some more stupid questions , They ask for core sample ten feet deep of pad, that done they turn us over to back of line at Cal- Fire, They make us sign bunch of extra tax agreements and get notarized, back to end of line, then the ask for pump test , I do it submit , they give us their side of permit.

Back to County , Inspector starts complaining about a 10x10 former chicken coup its on concrete, chain link fence ,& metal top , it was a kit ,  Former owner of this place was a building contractor and built everything extra strong . County says Chicken coup has no permit. At that point I went to our County District supervisor , then to head of County inspections . Long story short they gave us permit to start but Chicken coup needs to be inspected and permitted before they give us final on new shed.

Talking about emissions , That is the reason we are calling it tractor storage ,or else we would of need to do the environmental plan.

All I can say is our Governor & state Government are intolerable towards business.

Tony   

1 minute ago, tony in ca. said:

Yep , put in App. last Oct. end of line, working up the line , they have corrections ,they want , we answer them , back to end of line, then they ask and we answer some more stupid questions , They ask for core sample ten feet deep of pad, that done they turn us over to back of line at Cal- Fire, They make us sign bunch of extra tax agreements and get notarized, back to end of line, then the ask for pump test , I do it submit , they give us their side of permit.

Back to County , Inspector starts complaining about a 10x10 former chicken coup its on concrete, chain link fence ,& metal top , it was a kit ,  Former owner of this place was a building contractor and built everything extra strong . County says Chicken coup has no permit. At that point I went to our County District supervisor , then to head of County inspections . Long story short they gave us permit to start but Chicken coup needs to be inspected and permitted before they give us final on new shed.

Talking about emissions , That is the reason we are calling it tractor storage ,or else we would of need to do the environmental plan.

All I can say is our Governor & state Government , need Trump to teach them how the cow are cabbage.

Tony   

I can't understand how you don't have super high blood pressure putting up with all that BS

4 minutes ago, tony in ca. said:

All I can say is our Governor & state Government , need Trump to teach them how the cow are cabbage.

Tony   

Can someone please explain to me the purpose of building permits?  In my opinion if I want to build a crappy structure with no foundation for an out building (i.e. chicken coop), that's my business.  I guess if the county/state wants to know so they can tax it and make sure it's actually in my property and meets setbacks, that I can understand, beyond that it's not really any of their business.  It should be a rubber stamp at that point,

for the fire fighting stuff, where I live it doesn't matter, while our volunteer fire department is very good on the ambulance, the mostly just contain any fire they are called to.  Meaning they haven't had a driveway burn yet.  Again why should the county care if your building burns down.  That is part of living where you live and between you and your insurance company.

45 minutes ago, bitty said:

I can't understand how you don't have super high blood pressure putting up with all that BS

Oh ! Been on hypertension pills since 45 yrs old. lol.

Tony 

3 hours ago, MTO said:

The hoops we have to jump through here to build a new building of ANY sort are/have been ridiculous.

I can`t even IMAGINE what Cali makes you do!

Our twp is trying to pass laws/permits/taxes on simple/small/movable carports!

I hope not as I have 5 of them... sigh.

This is just an online example picture.

18x21-Regular-Carport-2.jpg?1348418718

Well they are running out of our money to spend. They've got to do something otherwise they'd have to be responsible stewards of our tax money and that's hard work.

9/14/17

First building inspection scheduled 9/15/17

Tony

IMG_5157.JPG

IMG_5158.JPG

IMG_5159.JPG

4 hours ago, littlered166 said:

Hey Tony: Keep us posted with pictures throughout process of building.  

Okay

Well ,

We finally got concrete pour this morning.

We got trucks scheduled starting at 4 AM this morning 10/5/17

Pictures of early morning start and completed job by 2 P.M.

The moon was beautiful to the west ,seen on first pic & also down the row of the orchard.

The last three pictures was the slab at 2 P.M.

Tony

IMG_5212.JPG

IMG_5213.JPG

IMG_5214-001.JPG

IMG_5215-001.JPG

IMG_5216-001.JPG

IMG_5218-001.JPG

IMG_5219-001.JPG

IMG_5220.JPG

IMG_5222-001.JPG

IMG_5229-001.JPG

IMG_5236.JPG

IMG_5237.JPG

IMG_5238.JPG

Lookin' good, Tony. Did ya get your initials and the date scratched in there somewhere? We have some concrete in one of the old barns that my dad poured in 1950. I smile whenever I walk past it and see his initials and the date. A chicken also left it's foot prints in it also. Dad was around a lot longer than that chicken and he always cussed that chicken for doing that. :lol:

I thought you said that you were retiring?  If I were retired, I would move out of the **** hole that has become California.  Eleven months of government bull schit to build a storage building.  I would move.

Looking at the glass being half full I guess with the delay in getting the permits means less mistakes in the long run. (Ya rite). 

Lookin good, John

7 minutes ago, 2+2 Guy said:

Lookin' good, Tony. Did ya get your initials and the date scratched in there somewhere? We have some concrete in one of the old barns that my dad poured in 1950. I smile whenever I walk past it and see his initials and the date. A chicken also left it's foot prints in it also. Dad was around a lot longer than that chicken and he always cussed that chicken for doing that. :lol:

I was busy all day but I remembered this evening and was able to carve date and name .

My neighbor told me that todays mark is instead of hand prints is that we drop Wranglers and do a nice butt print . I told him there were not enough square feet of concrete.:lol:

Tony