Sign in to follow this  
pt756

2350 loader on 86 series?

we have our 2350 on our  cab 1066 during winter, 856 during summer. no cab. can you see any better with the 86 series? hard to see the bucket on 1066 for plowing snow.

23 hours ago, INTERNATIONAL 1466 said:

Yep

X2

33 minutes ago, SMOKER 1 said:

X2

X3

Well I took some pictures for you yesterday, I have a Hydro 186  with a 2350 loader on it, The only thing I use that for is to pick up either big square bales or round bales in the field to load the trailer, The first pictures I have a  seven on the forks 

IMG_3031.JPG

IMG_3032.JPG

IMG_3033.JPG

IMG_3034.JPG

IMG_3035.JPG

The next two pictures there's no hay on the forks, I hope this helps in your decision making for me I just love my 186 for loading, my friend and I were loading round bales this summer onto my trailer they were pre-piled so we could each load our sides, he was driving a two-year-old Maxxum 115 and I was driving my old 186, with each load two bales at a time and I was keeping right up to him The next pictures are loading round bales.

IMG_3036.JPG

IMG_3037.JPG

IMG_0404.JPG

IMG_2735.JPG

IMG_2827.JPG

On a 06/26/56 Series it's not so bad since the hood is narrow. Put one on a 66 and 2350 seems tight and all you see is hood. Hydro 186 w/2350 and 3488 w/2355  have to be the 2 best IH cabed loader tractors. 

3 hours ago, Long Farms said:

On a 06/26/56 Series it's not so bad since the hood is narrow. Put one on a 66 and 2350 seems tight and all you see is hood. Hydro 186 w/2350 and 3488 w/2355  have to be the 2 best IH cabed loader tractors. 

Is not the hood same width?  I assume just b/c you sit higher a bit and fwd it makes a dif.  Were several 186 loader tractors here back when.  1 just let go on mixer duty. 30k est hours.  Original engine, 1 trans.  Guy is 3 owner and takes 0 care of her.  Out back now, wont sell either.

6 hours ago, Long Farms said:

Hydro 186 w/2350 and 3488 w/2355  have to be the 2 best IH cabed loader tractors. 

I've got a 186 and a 1086 each with a loader. I choose the 1086 every time when it comes to loader work.  I find I'm able to be much smoother with a gear trans being able to ride the clutch a bit, especially when loading a truck or stacking hay. I've been told not to use the inching pedal like a clutch on the hydro... my arm is also in a more comfortable position shifting the 1086 than up on the dash of the hydro... the only thing I wish my 10 had different is a foot throttle. 

thanks there is a 1486 near by that I noticed going to try and check that out

8 hours ago, ZachGrant said:

I've got a 186 and a 1086 each with a loader. I choose the 1086 every time when it comes to loader work.  I find I'm able to be much smoother with a gear trans being able to ride the clutch a bit, especially when loading a truck or stacking hay. I've been told not to use the inching pedal like a clutch on the hydro... my arm is also in a more comfortable position shifting the 1086 than up on the dash of the hydro... the only thing I wish my 10 had different is a foot throttle. 

Really? All the foot and inch pedal does is dump oil pressure, you can do that forever with no damage. I shouldn't have to explain how slipping a dry clutch turns out 

8 minutes ago, sd186man said:

Really? All the foot and inch pedal does is dump oil pressure, you can do that forever with no damage. I shouldn't have to explain how slipping a dry clutch turns out 

I can't remember the specifics of why not to do it, but I was told that by Raleigh of Herrs Hydro in Kansas.  He seems to be the most respected name around when it comes to ih hydros.

It's been 8 years since I put a clutch in the 1086 with a loader... We use it to load and stack all our hay... Also to feed cows every day all winter long. 

9 minutes ago, ZachGrant said:

I can't remember the specifics of why not to do it, but I was told that by Raleigh of Herrs Hydro in Kansas.  He seems to be the most respected name around when it comes to ih hydros.

It's been 8 years since I put a clutch in the 1086 with a loader... We use it to load and stack all our hay... Also to feed cows every day all winter long. 

All I can think of is it would build up heat in the oil

I hate to disagree with so many people....but IMO the 86 series is far worse that the 66.   We had both a 1066 with Hiniker cab and a 1486.  Had the same loader (Westendorf WL44) on both tractors.  We used it to feed cattle, move gravel, etc.   Both Dad & I agreed that the 86 was far worse to see the bucket, and harder to operate with the little levers and the harder shifting.     Not sure why our experience was totally different than others.   Only other difference between the two tractors was larger front tires on the 1486.     Maybe the Hiniker cab had better visibility?  I remember sitting in  the 1486 and you couldn't see ANYTHING on the loader--hardly even see the bucket.

20 hours ago, sd186man said:

20 hours ago, ZachGrant said:

Here's what the owners manual says about the foot-n-inch pedal:

"The foot-n-inch pedal allows inching or very slight or slow movement of the tractor by slowly moving the pedal up or down. It can also be used to stop the tractor. Do not "ride" the foot-n-inch pedal or brake pedals by resting your feet on the pedals while driving the tractor."