tony in ca.

Home from Rantoul ! 4500 miles round trip

tony in ca.    0
15 minutes ago, DirtBoyz07 said:

Sure is fun seeing all those pictures again Tony , dang that was fun !!

Danny 

We have not got to the fun ones yet , Danny , Remember pizza nite ?

Was great , went by to fast !

Tony

TroyDairy    0

Looks like me n akwelder will have a nice place to sleep next time we're in the area!  😁😁😁

I can't wait to grow up and have such fun

tony in ca.    0

Random pictures .

Nothing better then Classic tractors, Smell of diesel in air and a great country band . This was real country!

Carts gathering for tractor parade . First Rantoul Mayor driving the H , Next Max leading parade.

Last two pic's Max & Orion talking to crowd and Orion Had His Swedish jokes, They also did a tribute to Darrius .

IMG_5026.JPG

IMG_5027.JPG

IMG_5028.JPG

IMG_5029.JPG

IMG_5030.JPG

IMG_5031.JPG

IMG_5032.JPG

IMG_5033.JPG

IMG_5034.JPG

tony in ca.    0

Now , to address Bill O NY 's statement about service stations !  30 or so miles out from Rantoul , I took the wrong turn , A godsend , abandon service station ,to make the u turn . With no one around and all the room in the world I let my guard down and turn to soon rubbing the safety pipes at end of island. It crunched the sewer door to the point of inoperable. Thank God we were dry camping and had a fitness gym to shower in close by.

Well ,Danny Anderson to rescue . On Sunday morning before he departed we did breakfast and after he brings his two tire irons , jack ,4X4 wood block and sledgehammer, Not our RPF member but a heavy iron with handle. He pulled , hammered , I held the block , and walla the darn door worked all the way home. We had guys coming over saying ,You guys are making us sick hitting that coach with sledgehammer and it does not even have its license plates yet  .

Danny just said I'll get you going Tony and HE DID! THANK YOU DANNY.  He not only works on I.H. but a very good Motor Home Body man . lol.

I was feeling pretty bad until I spotted this school bus parked at end of our camping sight with pretty much same damage. I reasoned they have to have lot of training & certification to drive those and yet it happened to them , So perhaps this old farmer is not so bad a driver. lol.

Tony

IMG_5035.JPG

IMG_5036.JPG

IMG_5037.JPG

IMG_5038.JPG

IMG_5039.JPG

IMG_5040.JPG

AKwelder    0
38 minutes ago, TroyDairy said:

Looks like me n akwelder will have a nice place to sleep next time we're in the area!  😁😁😁

Lol.  That made my day

tony in ca.    0
38 minutes ago, TroyDairy said:

Don't wait as long as I did to grow up !  All the old timers said don't wait to long , and I thought I am no slackard ,I'll work till 71 then see. Well let me tell you guys unless you are unusually physically fit , do it as soon as you can.

That Motor home trip was fun but it also was lot of work and being at show takes effort ! so don't wait to long to retire if you can!  I understand I did not think I could  and my work ethic would not let me , along with the love I had for the Farm that made it all possible. Remember if you die it will get done one way or another.

Yes ,You and AK welder will always have a place here !  Always welcomed my friends!

Tony

tony in ca.    0

Random pic's

Carol with our spoiled dog Freddie.

Bought some souvenirs at Sherry's display.

Never thought I would see a very well preserved I.H. pick up I think 1964 with California plates in Rantoul . Pretty special !

The M with four row cultivator , Very special to me , I cultivated many acres of Cotton with one like it.

Truck load of orphans & misfits.

Few more to come , later.

Tony

IMG_5041.JPG

IMG_5043.JPG

IMG_5045.JPG

IMG_5046.JPG

IMG_5047.JPG

IMG_5050.JPG

IMG_5052.JPG

IMG_5055.JPG

IMG_5056.JPG

IMG_5058.JPG

IMG_5060.JPG

IMG_5061.JPG

tony in ca.    0
15 hours ago, SMOKER 1 said:

Glad you made back ok.  Now to get ready for Birmingham!

jerry

Yes , Birmingham here we come !

Randy says he has a job for me .

I am looking forward to driving a single row cotton picker.

Hope we can all be," together again" . OOPS sounds like a Buck Owens song. Bakersfield sound.

Tony

f30puller    0

What direction were you headed past Rantucky?

DirtBoyz07    0

Man O Man Tony , that old binder truck is nice 😊😊 Can't wait to take yours for a drive 😎

Danny 

tony in ca.    0
6 hours ago, f30puller said:

What direction were you headed past Rantucky?

Had planned on Indiana but got diverted West because of family'

Tony

f30puller    0

So you turned around in Fisher?

Delta Dirt    0

The big yellow school bus will be more in style for Alabama-------(well, around race time in Talladega anyway).  And a few scratches makes it more in style.

Reminds me of going across to a wedding in Atlanta several years ago with the big race at Talladega coming up.

We merged onto I-20 at Birmingham with an older Ford school bus.  He kept running side by side with me @ 75 mph-------i had to move on above 80 to move away from him.  The interior lights were on and them old boys wuz having a wonderful time.  (could almost hear the music)

I told my wife that was Charlie Daniels music playing------and Jack Daniels was driving!!!!!!B):wacko::D

May be that you should mark that scratch as Rantoul---2017;   -------and keep on rolling.

DD

f30puller    0

I was meaning when you got lost lol

tony in ca.    0

For those of you that want a better view of Orphans & Misfits.

Last pic, Multi color load of very well preserved old girls headed for home.

Hope you got a flavor for what went on at HCOP 2017.

Tony

IMG_5063.JPG

IMG_5064.JPG

IMG_5066.JPG

IMG_5067.JPG

IMG_5068.JPG

IMG_5069.JPG

tony in ca.    0
29 minutes ago, f30puller said:

I was meaning when you got lost lol

About 30 miles from Rantoul ,GPS said go left and I needed to go right.   ( It was before the town of Champaign IL) 

I realized it mistake soon after turning when road turned narrow . I saw an old abandon service station and thought OH good this will be a piece of cake for a U turn.

I drove through the Island let my guard down ,forgetting the mirror and WALLA  began my turn to soon . I will say the safety pipes installed to save the island still WORK GOOD !:lol:

Thank God it did not involve anyone else, Just Me letting my guard down.

Tony

f30puller    0

Off of I-74... yup should have turned north at Lincoln Ave. Exit in Urbana(Champaign-Urbana) aka Route 45. Takes you right by the base... Shoulda called me lol lol That's an old stomping ground. If you went further west on 74 you would be in my hood at exit 259.... well former hood lol

tony in ca.    0
18 minutes ago, f30puller said:

Off of I-74... yup should have turned north at Lincoln Ave. Exit in Urbana(Champaign-Urbana) aka Route 45. Takes you right by the base... Shoulda called me lol lol That's an old stomping ground. If you went further west on 74 you would be in my hood at exit 259.... well former hood lol

Interesting , I'll keep that in mind for next go- around , However , I'll probably never need to worry about not being on the mirrors around service stations ,Even abandon ones.:lol:

Tony

tony in ca.    0

Just like to give SHOUT OUT to the many people Volunteers that made this show what it is.

I met Bob Zarze ,who was a Field Marshall along with many others.

Everyone was friendly and helpful !

The amazing part is how the visitors our all polite ,everyone seemed to obey safety rules on their golf carts.

and  I DID NOT SEE  ANY LITTER ON GROUNDS.

fantastic experience

Tony.

2+2 Guy    0

So Tony, did Carol get a picture of the group at the meet & greet in front of Pete's dyno?

tony in ca.    0
1 hour ago, 2+2 Guy said:

So Tony, did Carol get a picture of the group at the meet & greet in front of Pete's dyno?

Yes, Thanks for reminder

All these pic's were my phone still need to download her Camera.

Tony

560Dennis    0

Thanks for sharing 

560Dennis    0
6 minutes ago, 560Dennis said:

Thanks for sharing  ,you,ll come back now! 

Thanks for sharing ! impressive pics  God bless Danny and Akwelder ! We are going to plan to attend RPRU 2018 - and HCOP 2019 - let's tuned !

tony in ca.    0
9 hours ago, JEAN COINTE FRANCE said:

Thanks for sharing ! impressive pics  God bless Danny and Akwelder ! We are going to plan to attend RPRU 2018 - and HCOP 2019 - let's tuned !

We are planning RPRU 2018 , God willing , Looking forward to seeing you!

Trying to entice five of my Tulare I.H. guys into making the trip.

Tony