Outlaw

234 picker brackets

I've got a 234 picker that's mounted on a Super MTA. I'm looking at getting a 706 gasser and wondering if the picker will fit or if I need different mounting brackets.

you'll definitely need the hex axle brackets and quite possibly the center one as well

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

I've got a 234 picker that's mounted on a Super MTA. I'm looking at getting a 706 gasser and wondering if the picker will fit or if I need different mounting brackets.

Ya a 706 would be a much better fit if you can find mounting hardware.

19 minutes ago, 660 driver said:

Ya a 706 would be a much better fit if you can find mounting hardware.

That may be interesting I bet. 

We had one on an 806. I think I have the axle brackets. I still have a husking unit in the machine shed. The rest is gone. 

Man i would be happy if i could find a pull type unit with a 12 roll husking bed and a super sheller. 220bu. To the acre is a bit much for an 8 roll with a smaller sheller.

That was the problem we were having with our NI mounted on the M.

17 hours ago, FarmerFixEmUp said:

We had one on an 806. I think I have the axle brackets. I still have a husking unit in the machine shed. The rest is gone. 

I'd be interested to see what you all have.

I did some digging for this stuff and found some of it. Keep in mind it's been probably 30 years since any of this has been used. The husker unit in the shed is what my dad probably used last. I know he had another 234 for parts and it had a sheller unit which is gone. There is no front unit. What would they call that the gathering unit? 

KIMG0403.thumb.JPG.21b2ea367695faf01034bef852679382.JPG

I found one of the hex axle brackets. The other half is on the frame of the husking unit. The assembly for the other side isn't there. I may be able to find it with some digging. 

KIMG0402.thumb.JPG.6270f20e27e14e22084ebcdd8ba4b68e.JPG

This is the 1000 rpm drive clutch, the rest is on the mounting frame. 

KIMG0404.thumb.JPG.f2ffeaf099c70ba3edb05489773d2894.JPGKIMG0405.thumb.JPG.3dda49e61fe71f5440291f1eb4864fff.JPG

There are 2 sets of engine side screens. I don't know what picker or tractor they are for. I know neither one fits the 806 because the oil filters and alternator stick out too far. They could be for a 2MH since we had one of those too. Maybe for an M or 560? The ones with the angled front may be for a 706 gas? I don't remember ever seeing them on the tractor. 

Sorry, but that's about all the info I have. I do know of a complete 234 locally but it's been parked outside for years. I believe they ran it on an 806 diesel too. Maybe they have all the mounting parts. They are relatives of mine so I could check if you wanted me to. 

This white screen somewhat fits this 756 gas in my shop now. The angle matches the side panels beside the radiator, but the attaching holes are farther up. Maybe for a 706 or 806 gas? They wouldn't fit my 706 282 diesel either. The fuel filters and alternator are too far out. KIMG0406.thumb.JPG.bc3283f77278f4bfaa3f52e946291fe3.JPG

I called a couple places around here that have an old picker laying around and they were off a M or SM.

If it isn't to much trouble that'd be great if you could do some more digging. Most everyone around here has a UNI or 2 row pull type NI.

I stopped and talked to my cousin about the 234 and he said it's his brother's.He said don't get your hopes up.  I need to call and talk to him I guess. They had it on a 706 with a 282 diesel. All of the brackets look like they are there. It has a cleaning fan under the elevator and it has taller corn screens or extension above the snapping rollers. Would you be interested in buying the whole picker if he would sell it? 

I probably have everything to out fit a 706 gas if your still looking... I am in central Iowa.