Sign in to follow this  
mikem

I'm gettin too old for this much excitement!!!

mikem    0

I've had this hiding behind the barn for a WHILE now, and finally got around to working on it.

59b2196beb14e_20170906_184947-Copy.thumb.jpg.8f55ec9737a17d29fa6f3d567cbd8ce1.jpg

This was the week...........so here we go...... 59b21a5ad9545_20170906_190411-Copy.thumb.jpg.e8a426052abb010d46f3e137f45a4bef.jpg

I spent a lot of time in a bucket truck a long time ago...........I don't remember it being THIS EXCITING!!!!!!!!!!

Kinda purty from up here!!!

59b21ad44b403_20170906_190427-Copy.thumb.jpg.69c842138d6e13684709ebe97d19df29.jpg

12 HP Kohler running the pump at about 1000 rpm....That's sneaking right up on the border between bucket truck, and carnival ride!!!  :o

Look MA,,,I can fly!

a-2.thumb.jpg.f2b9a6fc6a702cc52d1462de7084c4a8.jpg

I have NO idea why this pic tipped over....Sorry

Mike

Looks nice, as long as you didn't tip over with that last picture ;)  there would be no end to the uses for that. 

Randy Sohn    0
3 hours ago, mikem said:

Kinda purty from up here!!!

Wow, it looked like it was taken from one of those drone things!

best, randy

rcb    0

Very cool. I've thought about buying one of those many times. What's the max reach?

MTO    0

They are fun.

Rented one to pressure wash mildew off the white siding of our church. 

I remember thinking as I was passing by one of the OLD stained glass windows, "Don`t hit the wrong lever, don`t hit the wrong lever"

Rawleigh99    0

I used to have a 40' lift.  Those trucks and lifts can make you tighten up occasionally!  I bet you get lots of bounce with that much hydraulics!  We had fun using it as a skeet throwing platform.  I put the lift up behind the barn and would throw the skeet over the barn!  You had no idea as shooter where it was coming from.  Great practice for dove shooting!

mikem    0
4 hours ago, rcb said:

Very cool. I've thought about buying one of those many times. What's the max reach?

It's a 28 footer according to the ID plate....Plenty high for the stop at the bottom to hurt!!:unsure:

Mike

R190    0

spent a lot of time servicing those vera lifts 28' is probably all I would want with out outriggers or a vey much heavier truck.

SMOKER 1    0

Wish I had that for about 2 weeks!

jerry

You need to take the blue pill before you kill yourself?

jass1660    0

1 minute ago, Diesel Doctor said:

You need to take the blue pill before you kill yourself?

Doesn't the boom truck do the same thing? Get him up? Lol

I don't know how yours is powered,  but I have a neighbor that rented one to paint his barn.

It was powered by a gas motor and he ran out of gas,   had to wait till his wife got home from work to get down (years ago before cell phones).

I asked why he couldn't just get down by gravity and he said it had some sort of safety switch that made that impossible.

Anyway,  I guess he spent a couple hours deep in thought.

18 hours ago, Rawleigh99 said:

I used to have a 40' lift.  Those trucks and lifts can make you tighten up occasionally!  I bet you get lots of bounce with that much hydraulics!  We had fun using it as a skeet throwing platform.  I put the lift up behind the barn and would throw the skeet over the barn!  You had no idea as shooter where it was coming from.  Great practice for dove shooting!

What a great idea! I used to throw clays with a hand thrower for my kid; tossing from my truck would had given him some real challenge.

Mine has, I think, 55' reach. It's more that a little scary straight up, especially going over center. It's old and apparently ex military from all the OD paint under the fading and falling-off top coat. It's paid for itself many times over.

I've never been able to find any information on it. It's a Powers lift.

Rawleigh99    0

Going over center always scared me too, especially if there was slack in the cable!

A hand thrower was what I used too.

560Dennis    0

Yep that is the hot set up