Sign in to follow this  
ihfarmer1586

Shopping for a crossbow

I'm looking for a decent crossbow, one that both the wife and I can shoot well, hoping to use it on whitetail deer this fall.  I see that the Barnett Jackal is well reviewed, and can be had for $230.  Anyone here have advice or caution before I"pull the trigger"  so to speak?  TIA

I bought a PSE Fang and like it. 2 years ago I took a doe at 48 yards on the last day of season. Before the season I shot it in at 20 yards out to 60 and it was spot on where I aimed. During season I practiced about every other day. 345 fps and pretty light. 

Edited. I put the speed at 245 when it should be 345. 

5 years ago I got a Barnett Headhunter it was a complete package with three or five bolts ,scope, everything I've liked it so far very accurate it seems

one word of advice ABSOLUTELY make sure that your hand that is not on the trigger is down below the path of the string .

If you are up with your fingers the string can and probably will cut your fingers off. Know of someone who almost lost a finger from this senario 

Good Topic, I am also in the market for a good bow that doesn't break the bank

I too went with a Barnett a few years back, been very happy with it.

Rick 

Crossbows are like anything else. The bow itself is reasonable but the accessories will put you in the poor house.

I bought a Parker two years ago 315 fps came with scope 5 arrows cocking rope only accessories I had to purchase separately were broad heads and sling very accurate and will shoot through both front shoulders at 35 yrds  russ