IH Forever

Lift Assist Spring for wide frame

I have front mounted blade that for my 682.  This weekend while at a show I picked up a lift assist spring for it.  I've never actually looked at one mounted.  Does anyone have any pictures or maybe could give me a description of how it mounts under the tractor?  Thanks in advance.

There's a Manuals section on IHCubCadet.com home page.  There should be mounting instructions in the 682 tractor manual.

I have an operators manual and it lists the helper spring in optional equipment but doesn't show any pictures or tell how to mount.

I'm thinking it mounts on the right side under the seat but I'm just not sure the correct way to mount the bracket on the end of the linkage to the lift handle.

Thanks again.

all the lift assists I've seen theres a little plate that clamps onto the rockshaft.  Nothing attaches to the lift handle.   Back end has an L shaped bracket with a bolt threaded into the spring.  The ones I've seen have a curved rod going from the spring over the top of the rockshaft and forward to hook to the clamped on plate.

Thanks Doc. Evil that helps. I have the brackets for each end and the curved linkage but was sure how the front bracket mounted.