Sign in to follow this  
INTERNATIONAL 1466

Tractor Care

Care of a tractor is an interesting thing to me. Around here our tractors all have names and seem to be kinda like family and are well cared for. These pictures (none of which are ours) show 1486's in life stages. First as a new one, then recent pictures of 30 some year old original condition 14's and then oh my she needs a lot of love.

856 Custom    0

The bottom one could probably tell alot of stories. Probably wasn't a bad looking tractor when the last owner got a hold of it, but looks like it was bought as a disposable tractor. Probably got it bought cheap and they just ran it. Now it needs some money spent on it so they dumped it. Looks like a typical large dairy farm tractor with the doors off because they were too cheap to fix the a/c and ease of getting in and out with the mixer wagon behind it. With the clean ether can i assume it needs a shot to get it to fire up because of low compression from lack of maintenance. If it's for sale in the picture, I'm sure it's going to be sitting on some shelves somewhere. It's days of service are over. Shame.:(

I don't see pictures :wacko:

Found the pictures...:)

rsscott    0

Picture number two looks like a unicorn.  Whats with that light stuck in the intake grill?

FarmallFan    0

I merged the two topics. :)

Reichow7120    0
2 hours ago, 856 Custom said:

The bottom one could probably tell alot of stories. Probably wasn't a bad looking tractor when the last owner got a hold of it, but looks like it was bought as a disposable tractor. Probably got it bought cheap and they just ran it. Now it needs some money spent on it so they dumped it. Looks like a typical large dairy farm tractor with the doors off because they were too cheap to fix the a/c and ease of getting in and out with the mixer wagon behind it. With the clean ether can i assume it needs a shot to get it to fire up because of low compression from lack of maintenance. If it's for sale in the picture, I'm sure it's going to be sitting on some shelves somewhere. It's days of service are over. Shame.:(

I was thinking the same time when I saw that last picture. Dairy farm or vegetable outfit.