Sign in to follow this  
pms1961

Bought a 886

Just bought this tractor has 58xx hours runs good shifts good. Has near new rear rubber.Traded a 656 and some cash for it.Also have a triple six and a 686.Second picture is the triple six don't have a picture of 686.

Paul

20170826_105027.jpg

Resized952017052895135535.jpg

I hardly ever see an 886. Cool tractor! I also haven't seen many with the roll cage.

Still lots of 886s here in SCKY.  We sold the heck outta them and this looks to be a tri-stripe 1981 model with the 358c.i. German diesel, your going to like this tractor a lot and theyre a big step up from the 666 and we had very good service with them, hardly any complaints and absolutely no major problems are know to come from this model.  We had about a dozen farmers or Ill say medium size dairys back in the seventies who made this there big tractor of the farm.  They can walk with a one row chopper and can pull a two row all day and will run in L4 with 4-16s semi mounted and pull a 12 to 14 foot disk with no problem, you can go with duals and go down a gear and pull a small foldover.  Theyre #1  with a rollbaler.  I believe your gonna like this ole girl for a long time to come.  Good Choice and they replaced the 766 in 1976 with the 86 series.

BTW

IH started delivering them to our dealership with the bigger rubber in late 1978 and by 1979 all the 886s on order from the plant were delivered from the factory with 10.00-16 on the front and 18.4-38s on the back, doing away with the 95Ls on front and 18.4-34s on back, I thought that was a major improvement and helped with sales also going to a size front and back tire that would compensate with the almost 100 hp.  Your tractor has correct rubber and come from Rock Island with the very same size front and back tires as in your pic

You know your tractors,it is a late 1981 model.

I  have two  one cab one canopy. Cab tractor does my baling small square and round ,Both  have been great for at least 10 years bought both used  replaced clutches and a few minor things and  compared to  the 1466 and 5288 that pull moco and bushhog  very fuel stingy.

Nice, where was it?

Congrats! 

This was dad's 886, photo was taken in 2009 right before it was sold.  Wish I had bought this tractor, only had 2400 hours on it when he sold it.

Image may contain: sky and outdoor

On 9/1/2017 at 9:05 PM, smokin_1206 said:

Jd, didn't he have a 1086 in about the same shape as the 886? Have you got any pictures of it?

Yes both tractors were sold on Purple Wave, here is the 1086 after we had stripped it down (dual hubs and front loader brackets)

Image may contain: sky and outdoor

Good purchase! My uncle has one and he likes it.

Nice machine. One of my buddies has one. They use it to bale and plant with. 

A better picture...

20170917_112503.jpg