dads706

Same rant, different day.....

Heard on the noon news that people are wanting period movies like 'Gone with the Wind' and most westerns (with Indians) banned due to racist undertones.  

Do they sterotype? Yes they do. But racist, I'm sure the thought never crossed the producers minds. Probably wasn't even considered a word.

When is this nonsense ( that's a politically term for 'bullsh*t) going to end?

rant over (almost)

Maybe we could ban 'Wizard of Oz' too. You could get the racist people and the animal rights people both fired up about that one. 

ok, rant over 

oops, one more.....

History tells us that 30% of the 'cowboys' were either black or Hispanic.     Better burn all the books you read as a kid because they didn't portray all the races.

I'd better quit, now.  This could get really long every time I thought of something that needed banned.

I have days that I can't stand everything going on in the media. My best medicine is to talk to the people around me. Go meet them face to face. Trying to counter people online is worthless. Submit your experiences in person. May not agree with everyone but it can change hearts and minds.

the way this is going they need to remove all reference to most of the founding fathers   Jefferson Washington etc  large slave holders and largest whiskey producer...sure washington had a waiver when he sent troops to collect the spirit tax on poor farmers

Biggest thing is that people need to say, "it's the past, get over it." This country was basically formed on a dream. Everyone felt as if they were being discriminated against and they simply picked up and moved. There are other places to be. Everyone will always get their feelings hurt no matter where you go, there is always that one person who is willing to offend or defend themselves over anything, I mean anything. These protesters are nothing more than a bunch of hoodlems that have their feelings hurt over the past. There were slaves in the Bible even. Fact of the matter is that isn't happened, is it happening to you? How? Where? Why? Is someone being mean to you? How where and why? Maybe if no one has anything nice to say about you, then there is someone else who needs to change, not society. Thank you for listening, I'm out.

Im gonna be really mad if they mess with my westerns......i may have to start an offended white cowboy lives matter movement...........

I'll join you in that march!  Should we make it a ride?

Just watched "Blazing Saddles" last night-------------:o

Mel Brooks offended just about EVERYBODY with that one!!!!!!!!!!!

I was laughing so hard, I kept falling off the chair!!!:lol:

I should probably arrest myself for enjoying it so much!!!:ph34r:

Mike

6 hours ago, ihrondiesel said:

I'll join you in that march!  Should we make it a ride?

Probably get arrested for driving non electric, smog producing vehicles

"Offended white cowboy"----Haha. Sorry, white people don't get to be offended. We are the "Offenders!!"

Think it would melt some snow flakes?