FarmerFixEmUp

CR seal Cross Reference?

Any of you guys have a CR seal interchange book?. I have a 686 i need to replace the hydraulic pump suction tube seal and nobody stocks the tube assembly locally. I think the 560, 656 and 686 all use the same tube and seal, just change the part number according to where they locate the seal. The seal part number is CR 514189. I googled it and tried NAPA and a hydraulics place in Sioux Falls and came up with nothing. Another shop said the OEM may have that number captive for cross reference. 

mmi    0

Ih is famous for captive #   + a lot of others now ...only make them in runs of 5K + keep inhouse

your other choice is have bearing/seal house match specs 99%...however once they do it will $10-16 + 8-15 frt  which makes it cheaper

to over pay at the dealer

all the originals I have seen  had ring located on tube as required and seal center or large sq o ring added..?

russ    0

Is this a actual seal or oring my CR interchange book slipped this number along with about 1000 or 2000 numbers in sequence with goes from 512xxx to 518xxxif it is a seal and not an oring get me the id and od in inches along with the width and I'll try again  russ

It's an external lip seal. I have it at my shop so don't know the exact dimensions until I get back there. 

KIMG0369.JPG

KIMG0368.JPG

KIMG0367.JPG

KIMG0365.JPG

OK, the ID of the seal is 1.250". The OD lip of the seal  is approximately 1.615" and .220" thick. 

russ    0

Thats what i came up with also russ

Don't rod wipers usually have the seal lip to the inside? This has to go on the outside of the seal. 

Dakota Fluid Power sent me this to try. It's the same dimensions but it's made of Teflon, no metal housing. I just hope it will stay put on the metal tube. For $6 plus freight it's worth a try. 

KIMG0378.thumb.JPG.727f6e31b5592f746c1624cfe06959b4.JPG

BOBSIH856    0
On 8/29/2017 at 4:48 PM, FarmerFixEmUp said:

Don't rod wipers usually have the seal lip to the inside? This has to go on the outside of the seal. 

Rod seals seal on the ID and OD, they can also be reversed to function as a wiper seal (not in the rod seal groove). Did you measure the OD of the tube and ID of the bore to ensure the Rod seal will indeed work?

Yes, I gave them the measurements but the tractor isn't here any more. I put a lip seal in the transmission housing and installed the tube from the filter side. Works great.