B.B.

New Member with a 1486 that needs a lot of TLC and now a 1086, and 986

9 hours ago, 40FarmallM said:

Never thought I'd see someone I'm so close to on here. I'm over in Warrick County. silly question maybe but is that PG's (if it is you'll know what PG means) maroon service truck? He's an IH man I know. Looks like your starting to put together some nice IH iron aswell. 

The truck belongs to my buddy Keith who is getting the 706 and got the nice 1086.   We've been best friends since we were kids.  Still playing with tractors just as always lol. 

The farm is outside of Salem Indiana so it's a little bit of a trip from Warrick CO. :)

3 hours ago, 856 Custom said:

Was nice meeting you too Brian. Good luck, you got alot of work looking at you. This is that 15 i was telling you about that you didn't see. A 79 red power demonstrator back in the day. It left three weeks ago and went to Zanesville Ohio. I had no use for it.

KIMG2033.jpg

I would if loved to have bought it too but I'm just not made of money..... :(

Plus I hope to have several more years ahead of me for collecting IH 86 series tractors.  :)

I do have a question for you guys following.  Both of my tractors have 18.4-38 tires.  Can I put 20.8-38 tires on the existing rims or do I have to buy wider rims to do that? 

I was thinking of going to the bigger tires on the 14 eventually. 

So.... Yesterday a early 986 came home to the farm.  I found this tractor on facebook selling page down near Paducah KY. The good news is this one seems to run pretty good!  

I don't have but just this picture of it for now, and really don't know that much about it.  It's the most expensive IH tractor I have bought at this point but still don't have much in it.  My buddy bought the 706 although it's still at the farm.  It's destined to become a puller.  I've known I was going to buy this 986 for about a month or so, but just couldn't get the details worked out to get it home with the holidays, and extreme cold weather till yesterday. 

108936.jpeg

46 minutes ago, superih said:

You seam to have been bitten by the IH bug!

LOL I've had the IH bug for several years I just finally got real IH tractors :-)

Cool.  You'll need bigger rims for the 20.8s, but that's  probably good because you can just unbolt yours and sell them as a set.   Halfway decent tires sell fast,  given the prices on used ones 

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 9:24 PM, stronger800 said:

Cool.  You'll need bigger rims for the 20.8s, but that's  probably good because you can just unbolt yours and sell them as a set.   Halfway decent tires sell fast,  given the prices on used ones 

Thanks!  I still have a long way to go before I get ready to buy new tires, but was just thinking ahead.  

Measure your rims first. 18.4's go on 16" wide rims, and 20.8's go on 18" wide rims. There is a slim possibility that someone put 18.4's on 18" rims to save some money in the past.

1 minute ago, Matt Kirsch said:

Measure your rims first. 18.4's go on 16" wide rims, and 20.8's go on 18" wide rims. There is a slim possibility that someone put 18.4's on 18" rims to save some money in the past.

Good to know.  Thanks!