Tmtbob

Ac Parts from a 1486 to a 1086

Picked up my first ih 1086 and was told the original owner went through the whole tractor a few years ago and pulled ac parts off. After I got it home I found out it never had it. My plan is to either add ac or sell it and find one in good shape with ac. I found a donor 1486 within a few miles from me that has been sitting for close to 20 years but the system is complete. I'm guessing the brackets will all bolt up along with the fan pulley but if I'm wrong please let me know. I'm thinking I could probably buy the whole tractor for cheap due to a divorce grudge. Other questions between the two is on the 3rd remote. Would that easily be added to my valve stack. Anything else for me to consider between them. 

IMG_0433.JPG

IMG_0434.JPG

You need hoses, evaporator switches. Sounds like a lot of work. 

Could be done but probably figure on all new lines and hoses and compressor .It wouldn't be a whole lot of fun.Are you sure it never had AC I cant see anyone buying a tractor in Oklahoma without AC The only hard part would be the stuff up in the top of the cab at least if you had the donor tractor you could see how it all goes together 

Yep 1086 and 1486 all the same stuff, if it's been sitting that long you are gonna need to get new lines/hoses, along with other stuff to go with it. Your 1086 looks like it's well worth the effort involved to put a/c in it.

Im not scared of the work involved with it. I'm sure I've had worse jobs with my wrenches but yes according to the water pump pulley, no switch on the fan panel, no evaporator and wiring I'm pretty sure it never had it. It was on consignment at a dealer that told me the history and we all know dealers never lie. If I knew then what I know now I would of kept looking but mechanically everything else is sound. I have found a complete hose kit for around 300 and planning on a new compressor/dryer. 

On the 3rd valve, make sure that both tractors have the same style hydraulics, open or closed center.

Put a 3rd valve on my 1586 a few years back.  As handy as a pocket on a shirt.

It looks like a straight tractor.  If you really like it I would put it in there.  The 1486 everything will switch over its all the same.   If you look at my website I have all the components you will need.

Mike

Thanks for the help guys. I'll see what it's gonna take to get my hands on it and go from there. 88series I'll check it out. Thanks