FarmerFixEmUp

3 Tri Stripe 86's in a row to be sold.

I rode through a consigment sale lot this morning and found 3 81 model 86's in a row to be sold. I know they are selling them for the owner's estate. He farmed with his son, who got killed in an ATV accident a few years ago. They also had another 1486 tri stripe, not sure they still have it. One of the 1486's I hauled for them to my shop and we moved the wheels in to 30" spacing and put on some wheel weights, 5 sets on each wheel!  That was at least 10 years ago. 

What was it about the late model 86's that the paint faded so badly? The earlier models seemed to shine a little better. 

59971273ed804_RanschauTriStripe86s.thumb.JPG.72ec35890be340bde96b4d50e802f00f.JPG

They look clean.  14 and 15s are slow top end right?  The 9 would be handy for irrigation and odd jobs here.

25 minutes ago, TroyDairy said:

They look clean.  14 and 15s are slow top end right?  The 9 would be handy for irrigation and odd jobs here.

14 has the 4 speed trans. 15 is the only one with the 3spd

There is another tri stripe 1486 there but it's not as nice. Has a precleaner sticking through the hood. I'll see if I can find a picture. 

1486.jpg.5b1d812967848ae5ba3b0a2b3fac45b2.jpg