FarmallTom

Anyone else remember Les.??

FarmallTom    0

I was at the salvage yard yesterday and spotted this..

LesSticker.JPG.3c00eb0360585c7e00bf477e129639e1.JPG

Anybody else here remember Les?

I recall going to his place one time to look at a 1468. When I got there, I found that, not only was it a super clean, original tractor with a really clean, tight cab, but it was also sporting an M&W dual turbo setup with twin pyros... :blink::wub:

Unfortuately, it also had a broken rod.  (though the block seemed to be ok)

Les told me he had to have $2850 for that bad boy and I just really thought that seemed pretty salty for a tractor that needed engine work.... :rolleyes:

Back then, those V-8's were still well into the "who would want one of those?" category.

Hindsight = 20/20

This sticker was kind of a flashback for me and it made me wonder who else remembered Les...

FT

rcb    0

Yeah. I get a lot of those. Usually in the "why did I buy that?!" category. I do really, really kick myself for not buying a 3388 that went through a local auction house on Auction time. 2200 hours, immaculate. Absolutely immaculate. But I had just bought a tractor 6 months before and would have had to get a loan to cover it. went for 10k. Ever since I keep trying to remember why the loan would have been such a big deal. Can't even buy a side by side for that sort of money. Ah well.

But a 1468 is a different category. Wasn't that long ago that a 1206 was just an old tractor you parked behind the barn , let alone something like an 806 or a 560.... ok the 560s are still in the category mostly. :)

I personally don't remember Les but remember those stickers. He did some work for my grandfather who lived exactly 1 mile east of Ackley. Saw several of grandpa's tractors with those stickers on them. That was a long time ago.

Remember Les, he was quite an interesting guy. Very smart and could fix it really cheap if you had no money.

IH Forever    0

Les Mohei. I'm probably not spelling that right...pronounced mo-e.

He overhauled my H and my Dad's 560 when I was just a little kid, probably 30 years ago.

There used to be a lot of "Les Did It" stickers around here. Les was a little crude...not sure I would want a sticker with my name on some of the things he did.

IH Forever    0

Forgot to mention that I bought a pair of front wheel weights for my 340 on his estate sale.

FarmallTom    0

I'm thinking the last name was Moi..

He was in interesting character...  He may have been a little rough around the edges but I enjoyed talking to him from time to time.

FT