Reichow7120

Old flat belt pulley identification

I was digging through some junk today in one of our barns looking for something when I had to move this old belt pulley to get what I was after. I've known about this belt pulley being there for years. I always assumed that it went to the H we have. However when I moved it I realized that that isn't the case. On our H the belt pulley just bolts on to the drive hub. This belt pulley has a keyed drive hub on it that from the looks of it has been on it since new. Unless I'm missing something it didn't come from the H. I've even looked in the parts breakdown book for the H and it shows the belt pulley without this hub bolting to the drive hub like I thought. 

So my question is. What does this go to? The keyed hub has a casting number of 500-871-M1.The belt pulley itself has the casting number of  5066. It's not that I have any intentions of needing the belt pulley for anything. Just curious what it goes to.

20170814_103712.jpg

20170814_103716.jpg

20170814_103721.jpg

20170814_103729.jpg

20170814_103733.jpg

That looks really neat and in great condition. 

If no one on here can identify it for you I'm pretty sure Paper Pulleys in Columbia TN  can help you if you send them a picture.

931-388 9099

They restored mine 

paper pully 2.jpg

paper pully.jpg

Didn't Massey Ferguson use M-1 numbers? Ever one of those around?

1 minute ago, DWV said:

Didn't Massey Ferguson use M-1 numbers? Ever one of those around?

Not that I'm aware of. Tractors have been IH since the 40's and there supposedly was a Deere H as the farm's first tractor before the red arrived. Grandpa Reichow would have been the only one who would have known for certain and he's been dead for 3 years now. Dad doesn't have any idea what it went to.

one of the smaller tractors (r angle) or PU 123 etc

The thoughts of it being from a A, B, or C occurred to me. However all the belt pulleys I've ever seen on those tractors were all metal with no wood on them. The spokes coming from the outside of the pulley to where the center hub bolts to also doesn't look like any belt pulley I've ever seen on those tractors.  Not enough spokes to the center, plus on what I've seen on those pulley they area one piece, not the pulley and hub being 2 separate pieces bolted together. Not saying it isn't possible that it came from a tractor like that. Just that if it did it definitely is a unique pulley.

F series had a splined one along with the A,B &C were splined . I am not sure what it is from

I think masseys were splined similarly to a pto shaft. Have one here i got with some other stuff i think to be a massey pulley.

My D2 cat has a belt pulley similar to that with keyed shaft.  It goes on the 90° gearbox that bolts up to the PTO on the rear. 

Doubt yours is from a caterpillar but maybe some other tractors used a similar gearbox. I know my 806 parts book shows a 90° gearbox to run a belt pulley off the PTO but I can't remember what the pulley looked like. 

Looks more like a driven pulley off of some piece of equipment.

FT

2 hours ago, FarmallTom said:

Looks more like a driven pulley off of some piece of equipment.

FT

I was thinking that also.

If you Google that 500871M1 part number, it comes up on Marketbook as in stock at Ritchie's Implement and at McFarlanes, both farm equipment dealers of various brands in Wisconsin, and calls it a hub, not sure it would be the same but might be interesting to call them and see if they could tell you what it fits.

If it was ih wouldnt it be a R not a m?

Yes, the M1 sure would look like a Massey number.  McFairlanes does sell Massey, maybe Ritchie's did at one time?

Well, if it's a Massey Harris I haven't the foggiest idea how it ended up here. I've asked Dad if he remembers anything Massey with a belt pulley on the farm. He said there wasn't much with a flat belt by the time he could remember. (He's 63) The ones that did have a belt pulley weren't Massey equipment what he said. There weren't any neighbors that had Massey equipment either. So if I don't watch it it's going to be a unanswered question because the only people who would know are long gone. I guess it will remain a mystery of where it came from.

I did find out where the belt pulley for the H is stored in the process of all this so that's a good thing out of this. 

Might have been in a box with something else they needed on a farm auction