Sign in to follow this  
Super 706

7120 magnum

Super 706    0

I have a 7120 that I was driving yesterday and when I took off from a stop it moved 20 feet and stopped. The hyrdaulics work, I have master clutch pressure, I engaged the difflock and mfd and still it doesn't move. When shifting you can hear the transmission go through the gears. Any ideas?

Andy578    0
1 hour ago, wheatking said:

would it be the accumulators??

nah even with both empty it'd still move but shifts pretty rough

MNredfarmer    0

I know its a totally different tractor and different setup, but my 5140 would take off and after a while come to a stop. I found the jam nut on the clutch cable (inching pedal cable) worked loose. Tightened  it up and away I went. Just a thought.

wheatking    0
22 hours ago, Andy578 said:

nah even with both empty it'd still move but shifts pretty rough

ok just a thought I've never touched the ones on my magnum my dealer thinks I should get them refilled, but seems to shift fine so I'm not worried about it yet

Andy578    0
1 hour ago, wheatking said:

ok just a thought I've never touched the ones on my magnum my dealer thinks I should get them refilled, but seems to shift fine so I'm not worried about it yet

i get mine charged every year. problem with the accumulators is that if they slowly lose pressure the shifting also slowly gets worse and just never notice because it's not a sudden change. really wish they would have added a sensor for those things. you can't really check them yourself as simply checking them will cause them to lose enough pressure that they need recharged. also the new ones don't even have a regular tire valve anymore and require a special tool 

bitty    0
3 hours ago, Andy578 said:

i get mine charged every year. problem with the accumulators is that if they slowly lose pressure the shifting also slowly gets worse and just never notice because it's not a sudden change. really wish they would have added a sensor for those things. you can't really check them yourself as simply checking them will cause them to lose enough pressure that they need recharged. also the new ones don't even have a regular tire valve anymore and require a special tool 

Hycapacity has ones that have the original Schrader valve and a better price than the CNH ones

TroyDairy    0
9 hours ago, wheatking said:

Your a brave soul.

Mine (2 mag) get checked if it ever goes in and for sure every other season.  Few times i thought nothing was off.  Then both are way down.  Then wow you can feel when they are both right!  You can just spin them off and have shop charge em up.

Super 706    0
3 hours ago, bitty said:

Hycapacity has ones that have the original Schrader valve and a better price than the CNH ones

What is the part number for the Hy-capacity ones,I logged on and can't find them. My accumulators were charged this spring. My only idea is the snap ring for the master clutch came out

wheatking    0

i soppose I should get it checked out 11-12 is a rough one but other than that it shifts really well other than a very small fuel leak I replaced the filters once but I think it's the mount that the filters spin onto

this winter when I get it into the shop i'll get them recharged, wonder what something like that is worth I've never worked with accumulators and now everything has one or 2

SDman    0

What may have happened is that an ear for the MC clutch drum that holds the snap ring for the clutch pack broke off, causing the MC to self-disassemble. I won't say its common, but it has happened before.

You could remove the steel line coming out of the TCV valve that goes to the MC and put a flowmeter in its place. With the clutch pedal up and the transmission in gear, there should be no more than 1 GPM going to the MC-anymore than that and you've got an internal problem.