Sign in to follow this  
Tripp

CaseIH 496 disk - 24 ft version

Tripp    0

I just finished and delivered this latest toy this past week.

This took nearly 900 hours to complete and I have orders for 3 more.....I'll be busy for a while yet!

Instead of posting the pictures to the site, I posting the link to my photobucket, as there are 27 pictures that provide for a detail of this toy.

The link is:  http://s1076.photobucket.com/user/ih9861/library/CaseIH 496 Disk?sort=3&page=1

Wow, another amazing looking piece.

Tripp    0

Thanks gents....and for sure Brian.....video coming soon!!!

SMOKER 1    0

Holy smoke!  900 hours!  That is 112, 8 hour days!  Even if you only charged $1/hour, that would be way too much for me to spend!  Is that a miss print?  Beautiful work!!!

jerry

Tripp    0

Thanks Jerry....and that was not a misprint!

Here are the steps,,,,all assuming everything goes perfectly well and everything fits perfectly....which doesn't happen(LOL):

Go out and find/photograph a real one; with tape measure, measure off all aspects/pieces and record in project book; go home and plot all measurements to graph paper and convert all measurements to 1/16 scale; cut stock pieces; always have too create jigs and tools to create many other parts (incl moving parts) using mini mill or mini lathe as needed; when soldering being mindful when to plan/use silver or regular solder so parts in other areas don't melt off; always test fit pieces and always build in tolerances that take into consideration the thickness or prime/paint (a big issue); when completed pull apart the toy and do final filing/sanding, clean parts with acetone, and create hangers as needed to hang all individual parts for the prime/paint process; prime with 1 coat and paint with 2 coats; carefully reassemble and touch up nuts/bolts washers with Q-tips with appropriate colors; install hydraulic lines and decals.....

Trust me......that was easier written than done!!!!!!!

Dwight.