Hydro70

Brand new IH 656 on the set of MayberryRFD

Hydro70    0

I remember watching this show when I was real young and this must be in the late 60s and the 656 looks like its been serviced with the front and rear weights but they forgot to turn the wheels around, they had the wheels turned around on the 686/Hydro86s that ever was delivered to our shop.  Back in their day these 656s were some good ole tractors there were quite a few of them in our neck of the woods and about a 1/3 of them were Hydros

Farmall 656 on the set of Mayberry RFD.jpg

DOCTOR EVIL    0

That's Ken Berry,  but who's the girl?  I saw Arlene Golonka on IMDB but doesn't really look like her.

MTO    0

Charlene Polite?

Charlene Polite Picture

MTO    0
13 minutes ago, MTO said:

Charlene Polite?

Charlene Polite Picture

Nope, I think the girl was Marianna Hill.

MV5BYmM5MjYyNTEtNTYxMy00YTllLTg3ZmQtOGUzNWFlZDVkMjFhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjE5MzM3MjA@._V1_.jpg

farmall666    0

WHAT KIND OF CAR..DODGE DART 4 DOOR?

Fred B    0

on the auto, i will vote for a 1966-67 chevy II 4 door.

SMOKER 1    0

Looks to be the same vintage as my 1972 656D gear drive that I bought new.  I had it set up for 30 inch rows when set up, so that is the way mine looked.  At first I thought Nova but after a closer look, that is definitely a Chrysler rear view mirror but the model has me stumped.  Back then I was into 2 door hardtops.

jerry

IHKeith    0

Definitely a Chrysler product, look at the big old gas cap in the left rear quarter panel, its the kind of gas fill tube that runs through the trunk.  I'm not sure of model, whether it be a Dart or a Valiant, it's an A body Chrysler for sure.

560Dennis    0

66 dodge coronet 

The original Andy Griffith show was sponsored by Ford.

The re-hash must not have been sponsored by any car company, otherwise it would have been a brand new model that they were showing off.

MTO    0

69 Valiant. And Ken Berry, Sam, drove a mopig pickup. 

1969 Plymouth Valiant1968 Imperial Crown [DY1-M]

MTO    0

And Goober must have had a family member suffering with cancer. I like the worklight on the boom. 

Dodge B-Series

jass1660    0
57 minutes ago, MTO said:

And Goober must have had a family member suffering with cancer. I like the worklight on the boom. 

Dodge B-Series

Looks like 2150 red after a couple years outside.....

656hydro    0

I don't believe that tractor was in any of the episodes. Thy did have Ken Berry with a Ford (4000 model?) in one episode. An Art your right, Ford sponsored the show. The credits even bring that out. I do believe a few other makes made cameo appearances though. The blue car in question has a script on front fender and rear vent windows ( maybe nonfunctional). I don't believe chey 2 / Novas had those. Looks like a Dart.

DOCTOR EVIL    0
5 hours ago, MTO said:

69 Valiant. And Ken Berry, Sam, drove a mopig pickup. 

1969 Plymouth Valiant1968 Imperial Crown [DY1-M]

That pickup looks exactly like the '67 D-100 Dad had for 10-12 years.  What a terrible truck.

IH Forever    0
14 hours ago, SMOKER 1 said:

Looks to be the same vintage as my 1972 656D gear drive that I bought new.  I had it set up for 30 inch rows when set up, so that is the way mine looked.  At first I thought Nova but after a closer look, that is definitely a Chrysler rear view mirror but the model has me stumped.  Back then I was into 2 door hardtops.

jerry

I would say not a 72 as my 72 has 2 square flashers and the 66 series style hydraulic couplers.

SMOKER 1    0
9 hours ago, IH Forever said:

I would say not a 72 as my 72 has 2 square flashers and the 66 series style hydraulic couplers.

You are right.  Mine does too.  Missed that.  With that grill in the picture, it has to be a later version.  Not sure when they started that grill.  Did you notice the rusty axles?  never saw that on a new tractor!!!

jerry

Kevingweq    0

Link to IMCDB "chips   lotsa variety    IMCDb.org: "CHiPs, 1977-1983": cars, bikes, trucks and other vehicles

Link to IMCDB  "International Harvester"    111 pages IMCDb.org: international harvester in movies and TV series

Eason    0

I'm with 656 hydro and Art I don't remember that tractor in any episodes. Ken was always working on a 3000 Ford. The only IH tractor I remember was the show with Doris Day with 2 young sons which had moved back home with her dad. Her dad had a 444. And you guys are right, Ford sponsored the show.

If it was a new tractor, as it probably was, since IH would not have missed an opportunity to show off its product, although it makes me wonder why they wouldn't have used a 656 Hydro, look at the copyright date of the episode to find out the year.