39Farmall-M

Farmall M Factory Wide Front End

Recommended Posts

IMG_5991.thumb.PNG.e4cbfde4b2dba7ee27128e49b3e36b46.PNGLooking for a factory ih wide front end for my farmall m. Any help locating one would greatly be appreciated. Wanting one like in the pic below. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A couple of questions:

1. Where are you from?

2. Are you aware that the WFE shown in your picture is not actually period-"correct" for an M?  That style was introduced during the production of the Super series.

Of course it will fit and, in my opinion, they are nicer to use than the earlier style but if you are shooting for a "correct" wide from for your M... that's not going to be the one.

 

All of that said, I MAY know where you could find one of either style.

 

FT

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The straight M used a front end with the tie rod out front. I have a few of them, one on a parts tractor. Where are you located?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, FarmallTom said:

A couple of questions:

1. Where are you from?

2. Are you aware that the WFE shown in your picture is not actually period-"correct" for an M?  That style was introduced during the production of the Super series.

Of course it will fit and, in my opinion, they are nicer to use than the earlier style but if you are shooting for a "correct" wide from for your M... that's not going to be the one.

 

All of that said, I MAY know where you could find one of either style.

 

FT

 

I'm from West Virginia! I didn't know that. The one in the pic is the one I wld like to have for my M. Looks much cleaner! Thank you so much for the info I really appreciate it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, R Pope said:

The straight M used a front end with the tie rod out front. I have a few of them, one on a parts tractor. Where are you located?

Located in West Virginia.Looking for one just like in the picture.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That axle was introduced in 1954 for the Super M-TA and Super H (lighter spindles). It was also used on the Farmall 400, 450, and one with lighter spindles on the 300, and 350. The axle was changed for the 460 and 560 series. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had an early m around that had the cast center  tube not steel. It was almost identical to  the f20 front. The 400 front like you talk about are spendy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, FarmallTom said:

A couple of questions:

1. Where are you from?

2. Are you aware that the WFE shown in your picture is not actually period-"correct" for an M?  That style was introduced during the production of the Super series.

Of course it will fit and, in my opinion, they are nicer to use than the earlier style but if you are shooting for a "correct" wide from for your M... that's not going to be the one.

 

All of that said, I MAY know where you could find one of either style.

 

FT

 

Where are you located?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 39Farmall-M said:

Where are you located?

Notice the general location below farmall tom picture in upper left corner of the post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, DWV said:

Notice the general location below farmall tom picture in upper left corner of the post.

Doesn't show on phone version. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now