39Farmall-M

Farmall M Factory Wide Front End

IMG_5991.thumb.PNG.e4cbfde4b2dba7ee27128e49b3e36b46.PNGLooking for a factory ih wide front end for my farmall m. Any help locating one would greatly be appreciated. Wanting one like in the pic below. 

A couple of questions:

1. Where are you from?

2. Are you aware that the WFE shown in your picture is not actually period-"correct" for an M?  That style was introduced during the production of the Super series.

Of course it will fit and, in my opinion, they are nicer to use than the earlier style but if you are shooting for a "correct" wide from for your M... that's not going to be the one.

All of that said, I MAY know where you could find one of either style.

FT

The straight M used a front end with the tie rod out front. I have a few of them, one on a parts tractor. Where are you located?

34 minutes ago, FarmallTom said:

A couple of questions:

1. Where are you from?

2. Are you aware that the WFE shown in your picture is not actually period-"correct" for an M?  That style was introduced during the production of the Super series.

Of course it will fit and, in my opinion, they are nicer to use than the earlier style but if you are shooting for a "correct" wide from for your M... that's not going to be the one.

FT

I'm from West Virginia! I didn't know that. The one in the pic is the one I wld like to have for my M. Looks much cleaner! Thank you so much for the info I really appreciate it. 

16 minutes ago, R Pope said:

The straight M used a front end with the tie rod out front. I have a few of them, one on a parts tractor. Where are you located?

Located in West Virginia.Looking for one just like in the picture.

That axle was introduced in 1954 for the Super M-TA and Super H (lighter spindles). It was also used on the Farmall 400, 450, and one with lighter spindles on the 300, and 350. The axle was changed for the 460 and 560 series. 

We had an early m around that had the cast center  tube not steel. It was almost identical to  the f20 front. The 400 front like you talk about are spendy.

22 hours ago, FarmallTom said:

A couple of questions:

1. Where are you from?

FT

Where are you located?

3 hours ago, 39Farmall-M said:

Where are you located?

Notice the general location below farmall tom picture in upper left corner of the post.

10 hours ago, DWV said:

Notice the general location below farmall tom picture in upper left corner of the post.

Doesn't show on phone version.