Sign in to follow this  
Pid 1831

First 1486 for auction

Saw this on stalkerbook.

Link to Machinery Pete. Apparently first 1486 made is coming up for auction.

I thought first production number was 501?

https://www.machinerypete.com/media_posts/1st-serial-number-ihc-1486-tractor-coming-up-for-sale

Tractordata shows first 1486 is serial 8601.  2200 hours and looks in good shape, well cared for.  Bet it brings big money.

Wow, low hours. Well I'll throw my prediction in to the ring here. I'll guess $30,500.00. You saw it here first. Lol. We'll have to remember this thread and refer back to it here on auction day. Happy bidding everyone! 

But, we already all know it is pre-ordained- Danny is going to buy it to go with his 1086.

5 hours ago, Rick G. said:

But, we already all know it is pre-ordained- Danny is going to buy it to go with his 1086.

In that case I would like to say it will bring $500 . If I am correct with that price I am hoping that Danny will buy us all ice cream at the next Redpower roundup

:)

Seriously though I would guess 40,000

Has his duals painted like mine.:D Don't see that much. Gotta love a 1486, but I don't think it will bring $40,000. I am not sure it will even have a 3 in the front. Not quite enough nostalgia there yet I don't think. $40,000 be good though then I can raise mine on my financial statement.:huh:

If hours are true it's gonna go high! Is it just me or are the 1486 numbers different than original and hood different color paint????

11 hours ago, INTERNATIONAL 1466 said:

Has his duals painted like mine.:D Don't see that much. Gotta love a 1486, 

That Has to be a 1486 "Thing"  Tennant that farms behind and around my house has a 1486 as his 2ND string fieldwork tractor,  did planting this spring, ran smaller grain cart than his Magnum last fall,  and His duals are painted like that, silver rims and red center disks.  Think even his front wheels are painted like that.

12 hours ago, ih crazy said:

If hours are true it's gonna go high! Is it just me or are the 1486 numbers different than original and hood different color paint????

Common for the numbers to start to peel off decal. Prolly got replaced. Look a little whiter, and a pinch farther back from front than original.

Neat Item up for auction, though. Makes a guy wonder where the 1st 7, 8, 9 and 1586 is.

It will be intersting to see what that tractor brings and yes all the 86 series started with 8601 .

Danny 

Saw it sell today. $31,500 was the winning bid and it was bought onsite. 13 Red tractors in all were there. Guy wasn’t really a collector either. He just liked to buy red. 

Any idea what was wrong with the 1586 that only brought $7000? All the other tractors brought healthy money.

It was just a little rough. The 1586’s always go low it seems. Nobody likes the three speed transmission. I bought one last spring for $6000. Guys liked to turn them up to and that would eat the TA, I think that’s scared guys off from them at auctions or private sellers. 

On 7/31/2017 at 6:09 AM, Rick G. said:

Wow, low hours. Well I'll throw my prediction in to the ring here. I'll guess $30,500.00. You saw it here first. Lol. We'll have to remember this thread and refer back to it here on auction day. Happy bidding everyone! 

3 hours ago, HarmsFarm1086 said:

Saw it sell today. $31,500 was the winning bid and it was bought onsite. 13 Red tractors in all were there. Guy wasn’t really a collector either. He just liked to buy red. 

Well I was close, a thousand bucks off the mark lol.

45 minutes ago, Rick G. said:

I’m not asking you to guess lottery numbers! Lol Jerry 

What did the 826 bring? Did anyone look it over closer looked like it had a black dash. Gold demo?

looks to me like everything sold fairly high. That's pretty good money out of all the ih tractors. I will admit I figured the 1486 would sell higher possibly.

I thought higher until I looked at it. The family doesn’t think he knew it was number one so he used it. It was well cared for but could use paint and a little cab work to be in mint condition. 

If he knew, he didn't care. Back then he was probably concerned about "all the electronic junk" causing problems, and figured the tractor would be in the scrapyard within 10 years.

In 1977, he had no way of knowing that 40-ish years later the tractor was going to be a collector's item.

He bought it at an auction, they said he basically just used it for seed wagons and spreading fertilizer so it wasn't run hard but he never mentioned it being a special tractor to his daughters or wife.  He had two 1586's and kept a four wheel drive around so it wasn't his biggest tractor but still seems like a lot of horse power for what he did with it.  Thankfully he didn't run it into the ground though so it should be around forever now.

I met his daughter and wife yesterday, and I can't say enough about how nice and friendly people they are.

I can understand that it was bought to use. When these were new they were designed and sold to use in the field.

It would be easy to call CNH and say that you want to buy the first serial number of the next series tractors coming out if you can afford to. The hard part is paying for them to sit in a storage shed to eventually (possibly) appreciate in value

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 9:49 PM, Rick G. said:

DANNY DIDNT GET IT.....

On 12/5/2017 at 8:28 PM, bitty said:

It would be easy to call CNH and say that you want to buy the first serial number of the next series tractors coming out if you can afford to. The hard part is paying for them to sit in a storage shed to eventually (possibly) appreciate in value

Forget where I read it, think it was here at RPM, but serial number 1 & 2 of the Deere Quad-Trac clones both went to the same farmer. #1 to park for investment purposes, #2 to run.