504puller

Farmall 504 Diesel Questions

504puller    0

I am currently looking at buying a 504 diesel and was wondering what problems, if any, these tractors were known to have? Or if anyone had any advice from their own personal experiences with them.

Anyway to get some more ponies out of a D188? It's going to be pulling sled for the rest of it's days while I own it!

I currently have a 504 gas burner and haven't had any bad problems with it. Anything is appreciated! Thanks!

gordon76    0

the D188 is better off left stock they are known for breaking cylinder heads. Also a good D188 cylinder head is next to impossible to find

mmi    0
8 minutes ago, gordon76 said:

the D188 is better off left stock 

2x   engine or balancer doesnt like to be over reved

same with the gas 153 (without sleeves 135)will get ventilated either rod or crank

11 minutes ago, gordon76 said:

are known for breaking cylinder heads. Also a good D188 cylinder head is next to impossible to find

Gordon.. is it the balancer bearings causing protrusion   or the IH overheat syndrome ...?

gordon76    0
2 minutes ago, mmi said:

2x   engine or balancer doesnt like to be over reved

same with the gas 153 (without sleeves 135)will get ventilated either rod or crank

Gordon.. is it the balancer bearings causing protrusion   or the IH overheat syndrome ...?

engine was in a early 3514 by the look of the radiator and the oil cooler lines cut off i would say overheat. spent over 2 years looking for a good cylinder head and finally gave up

gordon76    0

If I'm correct the D188 was the same version as the D282 less 2 cylinders (Gas block diesel) engine block was to light and not enough head bols

Wow, can't believe anyone would pull a 504 in either form...............Neither was a powerhouse.