Sign in to follow this  
Long Farms

Wheatland Rear Wheel Centers

Long Farms    0

Jim wanted me to share pics of his 826 he bought. I knew some 34" wheatland centers were solid but didnt know they mounted on a 10 bolt 3.25" axle mount hub. 

IMG_1176.jpg

IMG_1178.jpg

20170610_213855.png

20170610_213825.png

20170610_213925.png

20170610_213525.png

20170610_213643.png

20170610_213745.png

20170610_213609.png

20170610_213714.png

CDN 400    0

I have one of those centers that I pulled off a tractor I wrecked a couple years back.

dale560    0

Boy that is a classic example. No ta ,no pto single ,hydraulic and later tractors seemed to have the narrow fenders. The only thing seems to be non ih is drawbar roller but could be an option to.

R Pope    0

I have two 806's and a 706 with those wheels and tires. All have wide fenders, dual hydraulics, PTO, and TA. like virtually every IH around here. Oh, and they all have a drawbar roller too. Granted the rollers on mine are not just like that.

dale560    0

The draw bars down here all had a full length roller that had a clamp on both sides.  The bolts would break and bust your middle support casting. It was more heavy duty than that one.I should have stated that is an example of what the wheatland sticker 806s were. Except the 6s usually had wide fenders most 56s had narrow by then. I would bet only 25% of the 06 tractors were ordered with pto here .I put a lot of them in 806s 1206s and that was from 88 on about 2/3s had ta down here. The cheaper the better when they bought them here. Those were big tractors for field work not light pto or winter time use. That one is close to new even had the pipe for the clamp wrench on the tractor. Dad had 2 of them here but get used with the wrench to split JD tractors a lot.

MN Binder    0

That's a nice looking original tractor!  Talked to Jim quite a bit about that tractor at the RPRU.....real fun guy to chat with!

dale560    0
1 hour ago, MN Binder said:

That's a nice looking original tractor!  Talked to Jim quite a bit about that tractor at the RPRU.....real fun guy to chat with!

Where did it come out of new?  Did they reband the pipe on or is that original?

corknutz    0

that there is the minimalist tractor!

axial-flow    0

The tractor has between 3000 and 3050 hours on it. It was sold new in the Oklahoma panhandle and that's where i got it. I believe the pipe has been banded on tractor since new.    Jim

FarmallTom    0

Still looks great, Jim!  That old girl couldn't have found a better home. ;)

I had a 756 standard at one time that had those same style wheels as well. I always really liked them and hated to let that tractor go.

As for the banded pipe...  I will wager anything that it's factory original.  I knew a guy in OH that had a very low hour 766 Black Stripe that had the pipe banded to the frame exactly like that.

FT

dale560    0
1 hour ago, FarmallTom said:

Still looks great, Jim!  That old girl couldn't have found a better home. ;)

I had a 756 standard at one time that had those same style wheels as well. I always really liked them and hated to let that tractor go.

As for the banded pipe...  I will wager anything that it's factory original.  I knew a guy in OH that had a very low hour 766 Black Stripe that had the pipe banded to the frame exactly like that.

FT

I would suspect it would be original also. Do you notice how the paint is brighter on the pipe. Dad had two pipes here one is bent know the other gets used quite a bit . They were a brighter red than the tractors just never held them up against tractor to look real close how much redder they were. Plus there can't be many of those 826 standards around especially a delete version like that. Maybe 1 of 10 or 20?  Was a couple hundred I 826 made? Is that an aftermarket roller or did someone put a case roller on it? As far as I know if they came with 18.4 34 tires they had that wheel have to look at dad's tractors they have them.

R Pope    0

Odd logic to save a few bucks on a stripper tractor then have to buy another one for PTO use.??

dale560    0
30 minutes ago, R Pope said:

Odd logic to save a few bucks on a stripper tractor then have to buy another one for PTO use.??

Everyone here had Ms or Hs  or ford tractor, A Jd for pto or still used horses even up till the 70s to feed cows in winter time. When people upgraded to big tractors like a Wd9 then the 806  they actually built single tractor size sheds to fit the tractor in and store it all winter and summer. My moms cousin and uncles big tractor was a 4240 JD . It  used to get parked in the building with doors nailed shut all winter you could not use a big tractor like that in the winter.  Neighbor had auction sale in the mid 90s he bought a 1086 new in the 70s it had very little hours but Pto never had the shield or screw in pipe removed he had an 806 with cab that he never used Pto either. Baled and all Pto work was with a 660. You have to remember guys who bought those 806,856 new lived through the 30s up here and was still fresh in their minds. Any penny saved went to savings and made a bunch of people rich when savings rates hit 14 to 15 % in the late 70s early 80s. This logic carried on John Deere also almost every 8630 8430 has a Pto but the 40 and 50 series about 1/2 don't because people were saving money. And the 50s came out just about the time grain carts became popular and needed Pto.  An 856 just like that 826 with TA could have been bought for 6900 here in North Dakota in 1970 from a very small dealer. Dad was going to buy one new but bought my grandpas 806 then a 1030 case later on and always talks how he should have bought the 856.