Sign in to follow this  
twostepn2001

48 years ago....

48 years ago today, Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin made history by setting foot on the moon. That's back when America made her mind up to do something and then by God got it done.

neil armstrong.jpg

Hydro70    0

and I remember that and I also remember in school the teacher always made us watch that stuff on TV

Delta Dirt    0

Thanks for the reminder and acknowledgement of such a great accomplishment TwoStep.

"One huge step for man------one GIANT STEP FOR MANKIND"

-------that might not be the exact wording????

And-----------we were fortunate enough to watch it on black and white TV!!!!

In today's high tech and fast moving world-----I reckon landing and walking on the Moon is "old hat".   Sure impressed the he!l out of me.

DD

2+2 Guy    0

Thanks for the reminder. Remember it well. I read the other day that the average "smart phone" has 1000 times more capacity than the computer that was on the lunar lander. 

Delta88    0

I was really into that stuff; I was eight years old and was fascinated with anything about flying and space. It made the imagination of a little boy in the Mississippi Delta expand quite a bit!!

jass1660    0
2 hours ago, Hydro70 said:

and I remember that and I also remember in school the teacher always made us watch that stuff on TV

Why were you in school in the summertime? Were you a bad boy? Lol

lorenzo    0

And if you haven't seen the current move called. " Hidden figures "  By all means go see it.

rcb    0

I was born after that, but the space program was a major influence and inspiration in my youth. A news event that captured the world's attention and was something positive and uplifting. Hope to see something like that again.

Willie B    0

I was around then. There was scuttlebutt at the time that the "Moon" pictures were taken on Earth. I've never doubted the reality of the landing, but I find it hilarious that somebody forgot the film. I imagine the conversation through the bubbles: "I can't believe you forgot the film!" "I didn't forget the film! You did!" "It wasn't my job to remember the film!"

Truth is the film was on the roof of the rocket when Aldrin was buckling Armstrong into his rear facing car seat.

Jaa600    0

They couldn't do that today. Too many computers saying it's not possible.