Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Redwood

TD-24

8 posts in this topic

TD-24 for sale on the Central California coast - cheap - see attached link.

Crawler Nut needs this one to add to his fleet.

https://slo.craigslist.org/hvo/6192992576.html

On it.

I have contacted the owner and set up a visit for the weekend. Just hope the fires are out by then. Jim.

Wish I would have seen this sooner, I live on Parkhill just a few miles past. Would be nice to have that out here. Let us know how it goes. 

Jim,

Looks like this would fit right in with your herd! Good luck!

Regards,

Chris

On sunday, I went to look at the 24 dozer. Temps were in the mid 100s and everything around the property had burned last week. About 2.75 miles off the highway.

The tractor has sat outside and untouched by humans for 20 years. The rats and squirrels, however, have made a 20 ton condo out of the machine. The engine is stuck and all linkages are frozen. Undercarriage is =/- 50%. Blade is IH manufacture and is 14 ft wide and side arms are 14 ft long. transport will mean removal and disassembly. A friend who came along with heavy hauling experience, mentioned would be easier to get the tractor running where it sits and road it out to a point where the wide blade is not an issue.

Consequently, my desires to own this behemoth as a toy have cooled down considerably

The owner lives out of town and is not in a big hurry to get all the iron out of the way. With the logistics and potential problems with finding repair parts, I dont think this one will move real fast. 

Sorry no pictures, my camera coudnt take the heat any better than I could. Jim.

Sounds scary.  I guess the old adage "you get what you pay for" holds true.

RW, You know they all kinda look the same, and the engines are set up the same, but there is a quantum leap from the td 18 to the td24 and the transportation becomes much more difficult to coordinate. I would bet the blade and arms on this thing weigh more than a td9 with a blade. I am getting more cautious with age. Jim.