Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MTO

IH fire extinguishers

10 posts in this topic

Local guy has a few. Never saw such a thing but I don`t get out much.

They are really nice , Only problem company will not service them. But their man told me to buy extinguisher powder put in it and recharge it with a air compressor till needle reads full. .

Tony

They wanted good money for them at RPRU. I don't know that people were buying them though. 

On 6/24/2017 at 11:39 PM, tony in ca. said:

They are really nice , Only problem company will not service them. But their man told me to buy extinguisher powder put in it and recharge it with a air compressor till needle reads full. .

Tony

Seriously? So when guy comes here and charges me bookoo bucks to test/charge, he`s pumping air into them? 

On 6/25/2017 at 9:59 AM, Sledgehammer said:

They wanted good money for them at RPRU. I don't know that people were buying them though. 

These 3 are $100 for all AND charged... or as Tony said, have air in them.

That sounds cheap for 3, working fire extinguishers without IH on them.

No , I did not mean to imply that that is correct way to do it.

However, I was at the extinguisher business that does my working extinguishers , After telling  me no in the store & they are not legal to be refilled , He followed me out and said,  Put a little of fire extinguisher powder in it and air it up with air compressor enough to bring up the needle to full and they will be perfect for display.

I did not take that it should be used in case of fire , But could be used a display items.

One of the engine clubs I belong  to requires a extinguisher mounted on tractors .  So, my thought was to get nice looking I.H. extinguishers and mount them on all of them.:ph34r: and just keep one real & larger extinguisher in the golf cart.

Please do not do this at home !!!!!   Its just me being OBSTINENT.  I see what some guys hang on their  tractors to be legal & I probably could do the same with just air blowing out of my OLD I.H. units:lol:

Now you have me curious ! I have several that show O pressure but still have the safety tag attached. I am going to shake the canister & insert air then try shooting  it and see if power blows out. You know so many of those are so old they may have just lost pressure if we can loosen material and add air they may be useful.

Tony

On 6/26/2017 at 10:55 PM, tony in ca. said:

No , I did not mean to imply that that is correct way to do it.

However, I was at the extinguisher business that does my working extinguishers , After telling  me no in the store & they are not legal to be refilled , He followed me out and said,  Put a little of fire extinguisher powder in it and air it up with air compressor enough to bring up the needle to full and they will be perfect for display.

I did not take that it should be used in case of fire , But could be used a display items.

One of the engine clubs I belong  to requires a extinguisher mounted on tractors .  So, my thought was to get nice looking I.H. extinguishers and mount them on all of them.:ph34r: and just keep one real & larger extinguisher in the golf cart.

Please do not do this at home !!!!!   Its just me being OBSTINENT.  I see what some guys hang on their  tractors to be legal & I probably could do the same with just air blowing out of my OLD I.H. units:lol:

Now you have me curious ! I have several that show O pressure but still have the safety tag attached. I am going to shake the canister & insert air then try shooting  it and see if power blows out. You know so many of those are so old they may have just lost pressure if we can loosen material and add air they may be useful.

Tony

Tony I think the problem with that is oxygen compressed in there will fuel the fire. I would assume that a normal one is compressed with something other than oxygen that doesn't help fuel the fire

On 6/24/2017 at 10:39 PM, tony in ca. said:

Tony

This looks like a project for IH Runner!!  Right up his alley.

jerry

Get a small tank of nitrogen and fill them up. Be good as new.