red5770

50C spindle information

I bought a 782 with a 50C deck (CCC) that doesn't mow level. Mows the same on two different 782's, other 50C deck mows good on both tractors. 

Uneven deck has two kinds of spindles, center and right outer have aluminum housing bolted below the deck and left outer has bearing flanges bolted above the deck. Should these different spindles types work together ok?

Blade height varies between each spindle. 

Thank for your thoughts, Steve

Below deck is proper attachment position for spindle. If blade drive belt is aligned properly in pulleys & blade spaced horizontally with others should work in theory.  :unsure:

Belt and pulleys seem aligned on top of deck, blade height varies between spindles by almost a half inch. 

Parts lookup has different part number for center spindle and outer spindles. Anyone what the difference is?

you will need a spacer between blade and spindle,water pump bearing spindle, if the "newer style spindles have a thick spacer between the blade and the bottom of the spindle, just take it out. im glad my decks all have the water pump style, last alot longer. just my 2 cents.

Little update

Looks like different style spindles will work together. When I was checking pulley alignment, the discharge side pulley was at an angle compared to the other outside pulley. Took the crooked spindle off the deck, used a steel carpenters square and checked for straightness. Deck appears to be bent/twisted.

Straightened best I could get it and put washers under 2 of the 3 bolts on the crooked spindle to align it to the others. 

Its back on the tractor and hangs fairly straight compared to before. Now if it would stop raining long enough to give it a test run. Also have a new set of blades on the way, that can't hurt. 

Steve