goodfarmall

Dry camping at Half Century of Progress show

goodfarmall    0

Was looking at the show web site yesterday and they have changed the dry camping arrangements. We have camped outside the grounds near the front gate but do to problems I was told they won't allow that this year. They have made arrangements with a U-Haul storage lot for dry camping this year near the show. As of yesterday he only had a couple of sites left that he could guarantee parking on paved lot. Remaining area would be grass sites so if it rained may not be useable. I know a lot of you were thinking of camping outside like I was but does not sound like we can. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. Hope to see everyone there & at RPRU next month.

Wonder why that was changed?

Not that it would make any difference to me, but it could not have been anymore convenient than it was when it was just within a few hundred feet of the gate.

Cobby    0

I also camped on the street side outside the gate in 2015. When inquiring who to pay I was told that was a "grey area" and not to be surprised if the city didn't come along to collect. No one ever did. I was told the 2017 dry camping area would be near the old airplane museum. But have since read the website about the off site camping.

Doug in NY    0

I had the same question you beat me to it.  I was thinking that it meant no alcohol but I am not really sure.

jass1660    0

No water or electric hookup I'm thinking 

12_Guy    0

In years past, there was plenty of dry  - " primitive, no hookup, no electric, no water, no parking pad" camping inside near the exhibitors gate. You were basically camping in the trailer parking lot. I didn't go in 2015 and prob not this year either. Scout Nationals are the same time. Don't worry too much about their rules. They are more like suggestions. NO ONE ENFORCES ANY RULES EVER! THEY SIMLPY DON'T HAVE THE TIME.  It is an awesome show but perhaps a little disorganized. No disrespect to the guys who put on the show intended, just my opinion. 

2+2 Guy    0
On June 4, 2017 at 7:17 PM, Doug in NY said:

I had the same question you beat me to it.  I was thinking that it meant no alcohol but I am not really sure.

Is it humanly possible to camp without alcohol? :lol:

I could make room at my shop for a few campers if needed. It is about 3.5 miles from the show and quiet. PM me if interested