Brews4me

Old Intl Crawler TD???

7 hours ago, Brews4me said:

these guys might be able to make a new one??

I will have them rebuild mine, looks to be about 150$

http://www.paperpulleys.com/pages/home.html

20170803_175819.jpg

for all that you will use I would straiten or make a new ring and use

dont know about the new one ,originally they were stamped from phone book size wads of paper

Anyone know about the winch that will fit this TD6???

I've been told a Carco Model E is the best???

I guess International did not make their own????

Putting this old girl to sleep for the winter. Had a really great summer fixing her up and learning a ton about it. 

Anyone have any leads or ideas on the light assemblies for the TD6?? I need a lens??? Seems like I can make the gaskets. Seems like it uses individual parts for the light, like a reflector, bulb socket, lens. Has anyone ever replaced the bulb socket with a LED?? Seems like I'd get more light?? 

20170615_161959.jpg

Brought home the seats and armrests. Anyone know what the original material looks like or where to buy???

Brews,

I rebuilt the lights with upgraded reflectors/ sockets, new bulbs. Made gaskets. Glass for these may be hard to find. Check Steiner catalog, and look for 7 inch lights. That's what I used for the reflectors. I have some pictures on here of the lights in rebulid process. glass may be tough to find??? Just have to buy it if you find it. Check Ebay for complete light assembly. Also there are some other tractor brands that used the same purchased light assembly.

Did you get it operational? Steering OK? Sorry Its been a while and I did not go back through your thread.

Regards,

Chris

14 hours ago, sugarmaker said:

Brews,

I rebuilt the lights with upgraded reflectors/ sockets, new bulbs. Made gaskets. Glass for these may be hard to find. Check Steiner catalog, and look for 7 inch lights. That's what I used for the reflectors. I have some pictures on here of the lights in rebulid process. glass may be tough to find??? Just have to buy it if you find it. Check Ebay for complete light assembly. Also there are some other tractor brands that used the same purchased light assembly.

Did you get it operational? Steering OK? Sorry Its been a while and I did not go back through your thread.

Regards,

Chris

Chris, looked at your light picts, awesome job! Still trying to find time to go completely through your 20 pages, really great detail!

My reflector is in good shape but pretty dull, wonder if there is a chrome paint that will make it brighter??

The socket on mine seems to have 3 connections, 1 hot, 1 is taped off and ground. I initially thought it was the whole headlight assembly that was broken, I'm happy to know it's just the lens and maybe I can get some parts. 

Question, how flat was your lens?? or does it have some curve??

Just found this thread. I recently acquired a non running TD 14 A and went through all the up and downs of getting it to run. It was a hard starter until I replaced the condenser in the mag. These are great machines and fun to own and use. I enjoyed reading all of the helpful comments everyone gave Jim. Jim, enjoy the many happy hours you will have on this machine. She is a keeper. 

14 minutes ago, ericjen said:

Just found this thread. I recently acquired a non running TD 14 A and went through all the up and downs of getting it to run. It was a hard starter until I replaced the condenser in the mag. These are great machines and fun to own and use. I enjoyed reading all of the helpful comments everyone gave Jim. Jim, enjoy the many happy hours you will have on this machine. She is a keeper. 

Thanks, this site rocks!

Members are really knowledgeable!

11 hours ago, Brews4me said:

Chris, looked at your light picts, awesome job! Still trying to find time to go completely through your 20 pages, really great detail!

My reflector is in good shape but pretty dull, wonder if there is a chrome paint that will make it brighter??

The socket on mine seems to have 3 connections, 1 hot, 1 is taped off and ground. I initially thought it was the whole headlight assembly that was broken, I'm happy to know it's just the lens and maybe I can get some parts. 

Question, how flat was your lens?? or does it have some curve??

Brews,

The glass is curved. Steiner has 7 inch reflectors that allow you to put in modern bulbs. Not easy to find the older bulbs.

Regards,

Chris

11 hours ago, Brews4me said:

I know not too interesting but...............

Got the old bent bolts out and the broken 4 flanges from the belt pulley case and added a PTO cover till I add the new rebuilt belt pulley back when needed.

Still would like to find a PTO cover that lets the PTO stay in place, ANYONE HAVE ONE????? It's cone shaped I believe!

DSC01585.thumb.JPG.83a253f64fa8f6463328256584d30d4b.JPG

Brews,

Small victories are good on these machines. The cover looks good. All these small projects add up and help get you ready for the drive!

If that old building could talk it would tell some stories! Looks like a 80 year old time capsule.

Regards,

Chris

or does someone have a pict or part number of this cone shaped PTO cover???

It's a 1950 model

I found a pict in my book.

Anyone know or have the cone cover???

Part #1

20171102_190335.jpg

20171102_190408.jpg

check with CNH dealer they might be able to locate one being it was a safety feature russ

On 6/20/2017 at 6:57 PM, Brews4me said:

One question - when you connect a pair of batteries in series does cca stay the same or is it additive?

FP Smith shows stock   Part Number : 6843D - FP Smith Part Search

Edit I have no clue how I quoted the battery question LOL,,  My post referred to pto cover

Re your lights.

IIRC I ground some out of the rim and then could fit the standard Lucas car semi-sealed beam units.  You might be able to go the other way and take the glass out of a similar light unit - if you can find same.  Or use a 7 inch sealed beam.  The glass pattern won't be right but you'd have a glass/light either way.

Thanks folks, guess now I'll wait till Monday to make some calls to see what I can find!

Just when I think it's hard to find a part I found a place that has 13 of these PTO covers. WOW, CRAZY!!!

Bet there weren't 13 of these PTO still even being used!

14 minutes ago, Brews4me said:

I found a place that has 13 of these PTO covers.

Where did you find them ?

FPSmith, really good guys.

Kevin, you were right in that website, THX!!!!