Brews4me

Old Intl Crawler TD???

This must be the battery hold down right????

20170804_125736_001.jpg

20170804_125753_001.jpg

Some one must have backed into something with it, something I'd probably do. It might be fixable, but sure doesn't look easy. The belt pulley attachment would be nice to have, don't see many equipped with them.

DWF

If anyone has a link to parts????

I'm looking

OK, so here's a question???

Earlier I posted a pict showing the starter button/pedal button!

How in the world does it work?????

I have normal feet and work boots. No way getting the foot behind pedal and to dash with heel!

I have to do neutral and stand beside the beast and use my hand.

5 hours ago, Brews4me said:

Found the belt pulley in another barn, how in the world did it break off the back??? Do you think a little or a LOT of JB Weld will fix??? It only seems to weigh more than a 100 pounds!

My guess is that you need a more-super-sticker than JB Weld.  And presume you're unlikely to find a replacement.

I'd reckon you can take that extension off the bevel gear end and then with suitable plates each end on a threaded rod work the two pieces back together and hold it in line.

If this is possible then work out how to bevel the breaks and still get it back in line and clamp it.  Then tack weld it with high nickel rods - my guess is it is more likely to be cast steel than cast iron but this should work with either.  Then either heat it to finish the welding and slow cool

OR do it in short sections over time so it doesn't get heat stress problems.

YMMV

If I could make a request, I have the attachment but no pully could you get some better pictures of the center/explain how the pully connects to the housing?

3 minutes ago, Tanker916 said:

If I could make a request, I have the attachment but no pully could you get some better pictures of the center/explain how the pully connects to the housing?

I only have the 2 picts of the pulley right now as above. I only get down to the barn every 3 weeks or so. I don't know how it attached right now but i will keep you in mind for picts or info.

Yes, that is the battery cover. 

The original 6 volt batteries had external cell linking bars and the rubber pads sat on the bosses in these on the top of each cell and insulated them from the cover.

Brews,

Congratulations on getting the tractor started! The pulley would be a nice add on if it can be repaired. Please keep us posted.

Were you able to move the TD6 yet? wondering how the steering clutches are?

Regards,

Chris

40 minutes ago, sugarmaker said:

Brews,

Congratulations on getting the tractor started! The pulley would be a nice add on if it can be repaired. Please keep us posted.

Were you able to move the TD6 yet? wondering how the steering clutches are?

Regards,

Chris

Chris, thank you for asking the IMPORTANT question--does it move under its own power yet?!  And were you able to switch it over to diesel?

But seriously, congrats on getting her to start.  Bet that was a satisfying moment.

I did not move it yet! But every indicator says it should be fine.

Got the fluids topped off for cooling and all the electric seems to work,  EVEN A DASH LIGHT, although dim.

Had to purge the air out of the injectors since i drained some diesel off the tank from bottom. That took a good hour!

Wow, you got it running and didn't try to move it until you do the due diligence to make sure every system checks out ok!  That is some kind of patience you've got, friend.  Me, I couldn't have resisted the temptation.

38 minutes ago, TN Hillbilly said:

Wow, you got it running and didn't try to move it until you do the due diligence to make sure every system checks out ok!  That is some kind of patience you've got, friend.  Me, I couldn't have resisted the temptation.

ran out of time and the weather was crappy!

Just to hear it run was a charge!

8 hours ago, Brews4me said:

I did not move it yet! But every indicator says it should be fine.

Got the fluids topped off for cooling and all the electric seems to work,  EVEN A DASH LIGHT, although dim.

Had to purge the air out of the injectors since i drained some diesel off the tank from bottom. That took a good hour!

If you have it running on petrol you can bleed the diesel side by opening the diesel throttle with it running (without dropping the petrol/diesel lever).  It'll start to smoke when fuel is going through the injectors

13 minutes ago, Ian Beale said:

If you have it running on petrol you can bleed the diesel side by opening the diesel throttle with it running (without dropping the petrol/diesel lever).  It'll start to smoke when fuel is going through the injectors

good to know, thx

Brew,

Yes that is a good point. They do seem to be somewhat self priming. I found that out when I ran the TD18 out of fuel, in the tractor show parade! I then turned on the diesel petcock, started it back up on gas, and switched it to diesel in less than a minute.

On the other hand on my first start up on the TD6 after several years of setting I had to bleed the filters and at the injectors too.

Sounds like you had a good time getting it going and checking out all the systems! Wow dash light even works! Did you need to do a tune up?

Regards,

Chris

On 8/6/2017 at 2:01 PM, Tanker916 said:

these guys might be able to make a new one??

I will have them rebuild mine, looks to be about 150$

http://www.paperpulleys.com/pages/home.html

20170803_175819.jpg

Anyone got a cone shaped PTO cover for the rear end???? I ordered a cover plate for the PTO but would have to remove the shaft and bearings to use it.

Thx Jim

I'm totally jazzed, found this to fix my belt pulley. can you say needle in a haystack!!!

Attach6554_20170809_094535.jpg

7 minutes ago, louie figone said:

What a prize, did you luck out!!

i'm going to buy a lotto ticket!

3 hours ago, Brews4me said:

Anyone got a cone shaped PTO cover for the rear end???? I ordered a cover plate for the PTO but would have to remove the shaft and bearings to use it.

Thx Jim

3 hours ago, Brews4me said:

these guys might be able to make a new one??

I will have them rebuild mine, looks to be about 150$

http://www.paperpulleys.com/pages/home.html

20170803_175819.jpg

these guys did this one from net.

post-66501-0-15019300-1362748900.jpg

Here's the thread on paper pulleys