1486jutin

sentry module

My sentry module bit the dust. Has anyone tried cut one apart to see if they are fixable. I had to put my test harness back in to finish planting, I really don't like using the test harness. I really want to cut it apart, but don't want to trash it either if it fixable

It would be nice to know this. I have 3 sitting in my shop. I wonder if someone has the drawings for them. I know Mike links is rebuilding them somehow. 

Well I think we all know who to ask. And don't do to much with the test harness if you intend on not grenading the transmission.

I wish there were more options for replacement sentry modules.  Case IH wants 2k for a new one. And some of the old ones can't be rebuilt. 

I never used a test harness, but, couldn't you just unhook one of the solenoids to either odd or even side and then it could not drive in that side, or lock up both .

Mike advertises buying your old sentry modules. Don't cut it apart since what he does to rebuild them could be undone by the disassembly. Would rather have someone who knows what to do do it than waste a good core. 

John

I don't think the sentry modules can be rebuilt any more. My local case dealership says they are no longer available. I don't like the using test harness, but it keeps the tractor going. I'm the only person that runs it.

Mike Links, also known as 88seriesrestorer on here rebuilds them, contact him, look him up, Triple R Tractors!!

59 minutes ago, 1486jutin said:

I don't think the sentry modules can be rebuilt any more. My local case dealership says they are no longer available. I don't like the using test harness, but it keeps the tractor going. I'm the only person that runs it.

I rebuild them send it here and i will fix you up.  Will also buy the extra cores

Mike

Mike, why are the cores one and done after repair?

because the cavity is filled completely with the black resin stuff you see on the back.   If they are not fixable it is because the one board that is originally filled is bad

Mike

Still don't understand why these things couldn't be built again. They were early 1980's technology. Seems like some smart tech types could reverse engineer them.

Must be a patent still in place.