ih4life

Farmall 460 Hydraulics

ih4life    0

Currently removing the entire fast hitch system. I need to replace the valve block on the tower with another block now. What I'm wondering is if I should replace it with another one the same as the two on there or is there such a thing as a bypass block for non fast hitch tractors? I believe it should take another dual action block but then what good is it for? I've had many 460s and 560s over the years but now that I think of it never without a fast hitch.

cornerpost    0

What good would it be?  Had a 400 with three valves.  Loader with 2 way bucket front set.  One for cylinder on implement or fert auger.  

mmi    0

why not remove FH and store in shed

plug or plumb lines into self   leave all as is   then you or new owner can go back if need /desired....?

iowaboy1965    0

Ive only had one 560 so far.....far as im concerned the fast hitch is one of the nice parts of the tractor....wouldnt really want a 4 or 560 without myself....might as well buy an M or 400-450...JMO

pete23    0

There is no block to eliminate a valve.  The tractors with only two valves had slightly different lever hookup.  What I would do is find another valve to replace the teledepth valve.  You cannot just leave that teledepth valve ( well, I should qualify that statement, you can leave it but you have to block it with a lockout cover  so it stays in neutral positon) .  Your linkage to the now new valve will need to be worked on to make a good operating system. You need to get rid of the quadrant and friction device. 

You can leave the pipes to rear so you will now have a rear hook up.  Also, you can leave the check valve if desired so it will positively hold loads from drifting down, or up.  I say up because we used them that way to hold knife in the ground when applying nitrogen.