Sign in to follow this  
oldtanker

OT, US mail service

I can't believe this stuff! Guy mailed a package to me on the 1st from PA. It's been to KS City KS, Fargo, PA, KC, Fargo, PA and now NYC. Owned and operated by the US government.

What the sender and I think is that when they printed the label that they scan instead of having the zip as 56588 they have it as 66588. So instead of going to Fargo then to my PO it's going to KC. So PA office scans it, puts it in a bag for KC. Now someone in KC is actually reading the shipping label that the sending put my address on. SO they toss it in a bag for Fargo. Fargo scans it sees it's supposed to go to KC via the scan and sends it back to PA.

USPS tracking #  9505510373967121030432 little music to go with this......do hit the "see more".

Rick

First, don`t trust anyone from PA

Second, don`t badmouth the US guvmint when they sign your paycheck!

If it is going through Fargo or grand forks you are out of luck. Big theft rings and theft rackets are going on in the sorting centers in North Dakota. Any letter that looks like a birthday card gets opened and cash stolen or if check inside gets discarded. Business checks for payment on accounts are being stolen, ink washed off or new check made with same account numbers then they pay someone working in a big bank in Minneapolis or Chicago to cash the new check . Local business man had a check for 80,000 stolen from Fargo postal center remade out cashed at citi bank in Chicago. He does a lot of business with the local bremer bank so they replaced his money in the account and were going after citi bank.Our mail gets sent to the east ,grand forks or Fargo to be sorted and sent on. Almost everybody here has had checks lost of something stolen from the post office by employees. The bills seem to make it through though. It has gotten so bad here most people mail stuff in the towns west of here the mail there is sorted in Bismarck and seems to make it through better. Was just on the news to in Fargo about an ups employee stealing packages he delivered and pawning them

USPS is dead.  No idea how it can keep on as is.  Used to be able to send/receive a letter or package over night anywhere in eastern SD.  It now takes 3 days and continues to cost more every year it seems.  UPS and FedEx are funny to.  Anything east or west for even a few states seems to make it in 1-2 days but go 4 hours north to ND or 4 hours south to NE or IA and it's 3-4 days.   Go figure.  

Funny, here the only one you trust is the Postal Service,  fed ex dropped some zip codes (they mail it from the closest hub) , but the brown van works (but only for over night and 2 day, they refuse to deliver ground)

No ones perfect, but if I have a choice I would rather use uncle sam

Our mail service sucks! I've had several checks not make it to the destination, including a truck title! That was a pain to resolve. I've currently got a check out to our daycare lady that has taken over a week to go 15 miles.... still not there.

I got a check in the mail yesterday that looked like someone had taken a large bit out of it on the end of the envelope!  Fortunately it didn't eat any of the important info on the check, so it should still clear!

I just did a search using the provided number--------

Sixteen days and two complete laps from PA to KS to ND and back to PA!!!!!!

But they figured out yesterday "THAT THERE IS A PROBLEM, AND THE PACKAGE WILL BE DELAYED!!!"    Really????? :o

Kinda makes a guy hope for gubmint run healthcare don't it!!!:ph34r:

Mike

They had big public meetings here last year with both U.S. Senators investigating the mail sorting and processing facilties in Fargo and grand forks and postal service in general.It didn't help any just made it worse. And as far as gov health care look at how messed up the VA is.

I have worked for the USPS for 23 years. Ever since the Bush administration mandated the prefunding of future medical costs there has been a directed slowing down/reduction of services. I subscribe to a daily newspaper from a town 50 miles away. Sometimes I get the paper 2 days late, sometimes I get 3 papers in one day. I have never heard why the prefunding was implemented but it has caused havoc on customer service. Our office had a complaint from the local dentist, that appointment reminders mailed to LOCAL customers took 5 days to be delivered.  The postal service can survive, but not under these conditions.

I think. In North Dakota the ability to find English reading, non heroin or meth users and  down right lack of work ethic or foreign lifestyle where theft and extortion are way life is the big problem in the sorting facility.

OK, got a call from my PO. Got told that the facility in NYC says the label put on by the sender has the correct zip code. The scan label from the receiving PO has the wrong zip. Should start 565 and what they did was enter 656. It's also told me it has shipped from NYC..........at 3 different times over 2 days. You would think that after an error that bad and as many days as I have been waiting they would overnight it. What I think is going to happen is they will take it to NY harbor, place it on the oldest, slowest tramp steamer bound for China. While in route the ship will be taken by Somali pirates. :o :(

Rick

I'm also having trouble with USPS right now. I won an eBay auction, the item cost me $61.00 which I paid by my PayPal account. Tracking number says package has been delivered but in fact it has not been delivered. Post Office claims they delivered it. Case closed as far as they are concerned. I am pissed. I am in contact with seller, he has a 100% positive rating on eBay. He wants me to keep in touch with him to see if my package shows up. If not he says he will refund my money. USPS sucks. 

I read in our local newspaper that the postal service won the Amazon contract, taking it away from UPS. Unfortunately, they haven't hired any more carriers. People are complaining about not getting mail but the carriers say they are working 16 hour days and still can't get it all delivered. If true, definitely a management problem, not a carrier problem. 

47 minutes ago, yellowrosefarm said:

I read in our local newspaper that the postal service won the Amazon contract, taking it away from UPS. Unfortunately, they haven't hired any more carriers. People are complaining about not getting mail but the carriers say they are working 16 hour days and still can't get it all delivered. If true, definitely a management problem, not a carrier problem. 

Not true about Amazon. Our Rockford air hub gets 8 trailers itself from Kenosha Amazon building. Now USPS delivers some stuff for us where we don't go and vice a versa for them. Actually thanks to Amazon UPS is going to 6 day a week delivery nation wide by years end.

20 minutes ago, jass1660 said:

Not true about Amazon. Our Rockford air hub gets 8 trailers itself from Kenosha Amazon building. Now USPS delivers some stuff for us where we don't go and vice a versa for them. Actually thanks to Amazon UPS is going to 6 day a week delivery nation wide by years end.

UPS has been flying up and down the roads here at all hours. They must be busy

I've be looking for 28mm hydraulic return hose for my 5240 and told by CNH that I can only get it in 10 meter lengths of which I need 6 inches of and by the parts look up is 25mm not 28. Found the rite product in England, Australia and Spokane WA. Needed it so ordered with next day delivery by USPS to Port Huron MI. Could not believe but made it in less than the 24 hours on the day. Can't b&tch at the service I got  

John 

A couple of weeks ago I ordered an injector for my UD236 powered Galion grader. It came overnight  from Central Fuel Injection Service in Ia to NE Mn. I needed to send the old injector back so I used USPS on a Monday. By Friday I got a credit invoice from Central Fuel for the returned injector. I thought that was okay.

DWF

Can't complain here. Daughter ordered some reinforcement rings for a cub cadet mower deck from some place in Kansas Sunday

night. They where in our mail box at 11 am today. 

OK, I understand the initial error, clerk, either in a rush or distracted made an error. No big deal. Now someone in the KC sorting center saw that there was an error, read the shippers label and sent it on to West Fargo. Got there and they scanned it and sent it back to PA because they just scanned it. Rinse and repeat! So we know they have one postal employee in the 3 centers who knows how to read. Now why that person in KC didn't fix the USPS scan label I don't know. Against the rules? Lazy? Not enough time? When the same exact thing happened the 2nd time it's no longer funny.

Rick

Gee, a road trip there and back three days?

And it only takes three pages of paper to print out the tracking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :lol:

Which I would do, and send a COPY to each of my do-nothings in congress----just to stir the pot. :ph34r:

This has been an on-going hoot at our morning coffee meeting------but then nobody there has any like for our "post-witchtress", who is on a tirade about "non regulation" rural boxes this week!

Mike

22 hours ago, Rick G. said:

I'm also having trouble with USPS right now. I won an eBay auction, the item cost me $61.00 which I paid by my PayPal account. Tracking number says package has been delivered but in fact it has not been delivered. Post Office claims they delivered it. Case closed as far as they are concerned. I am pissed. I am in contact with seller, he has a 100% positive rating on eBay. He wants me to keep in touch with him to see if my package shows up. If not he says he will refund my money. USPS sucks. 

did package have a tracking number? if you have the tracking number usps can use the gps coordidants when it was delivered to find where it was delivered. usps can enter the tracking number get the info off the mailing label and tell if it was in fact correctly addressed to you.  do not give up!

GPS coordinates? Ask MIKEM? The rural addressing for him is a good 10 miles off and that uses GPS. All the carriers were lost for his address. If some had not known him, he still would be waiting for his packages.

I use USPS all the time. They recently lost a certified letter, return receipt requested, containing checks from Watertown to Pierre, This has been months ago and still has not been found,

I remember a time when a name, town and state were enough to deliver a letter. With all the modern machinery, they now need a full address and zip+4 to get a letter to you in twice the time. Sometimes they do very well but there are some bad eggs in the system that need to be canned and prosecuted. If the government can't run something as simple as the post office, they are then not qualified to run anything bigger than a one hole outhouse.

I'm afraid I may be doomed. I can no longer get my resignation to the boss by USPS in the required two week time period. Things are not right but most people don't care. That will soon bite us in the butt?

Dad always talks about years ago in the late 60s. They worked on a lot of Minneapolis moline G and Us . Pull the heads off for burnt valve or bad seat and if you ordered a new head it would be in North Dakota from Atlanta goergia the next morning.