AGTeacher

1979 transtar and my 66 1206

Sask466    0

Oh, I see now that the other truck is a Transtar II as well.  I guess by then the 3400 series was in and the 1600 series was out by then. Is the engine still white?  Does that Eagle have shag carpet all over?  I remember we had a trucker that briefly ran an early 9670 that had Eagle trim - it was full of orange shag.  It was kind of gross, but mostly awesome!

All the lines on that cab seems to form a pyramid shape - the grill, the doors/cab step out, etc.  Those big boots really give it that muscular stance.

An 855 would be my pick of engine choices for that truck and that era - I bet it scoots along pretty good bobtailing with the single axle.

AGTeacher    0

Yes my single axle will get up and go I actually do some drag racing with it and have so far been undefeated it was doing 62 mph in 5.2 seconds which I think is pretty good for a 12000 pound truck.    

Yes my eagle is shagged all over haha and the engine in both trucks are IH red I was told they did that up till 1981 

Sask466    0

Did you say 0-62 in 5.2!!!!!?  How?  What kind of power are running at?  

AGTeacher    0

That's what the clock was saying   I ran 5 heats that day and won every one by at least a cans length.  Would start off in 6th gear then shift to 7th then Jake to the stop.   This is dirt drags which are shorter track then asphalt drags

Sask466    0

So a drop the clutch start in 6th, wheels spinning, then a shift into 7th?  That must be a blast!  Is that engine turned up at a bit?   

Its crazy how an old class 8 truck is only 12,000lbs when you compare it to modern 1-tons.  I have a buddy with a new Dodge crew-cab Laramie 6.7 cummins 4x4.  He told me it weighed a little over 8000lbs.  

AGTeacher    0

Yea I have it tuned pretty good 😉.   And yes the cab is mostly alluimimun so all your weight is the drive train

superih    0

awesome trucks, i would love to find a tandem axle like that

Quite a pair.  Very nice pictures!