Sign in to follow this  
A.W. Gonya

Serious question, Farmall H lift all driver removal.

I'm at a crossroads on the H and I need some clarification. 

Over the winter the H went through a fairly comprehensive rear-end rebuild to replace the inner axle bearings. 

Top cover came off, brake housings off, bull gears and differential removed. Replaced all of the bearings, gaskets and seals.  Along with a few other parts that were damaged when the bearings failed.   Top cover went back on, tractor back together and filled her with gear oil. 

Then the input seals started leaking. carefully took out the input assembly, yoke, both bearings, gears, and rebuilt/replaced.  Bearings had a lot of wear. 

All that is left is the output drive for the lift all pump,  it leaks, the seal is shot.   I have tried every combination of ideas to remove it.  Spent multiple hours on google and reading threads. 

We made the socket/barstock tool for the impact.  Still stuck. 

In the end I still don't know for sure.  Is the Transmission side drive/nut threaded like a conventional nut?  Do I remove it by turning counter clockwise? 

Is the drive/nut on the belly pump reverse threaded?  

After reading multiple threads on various forums I am left with conflicting information.

My next step (Tomorrow) is to lock the brakes,  put it in gear, block the tires and try again.  I need any ideas/suggestions I can get

I have fought this same problem on my H, many years ago the return spring that pulled lift lever back to float and went through pump really jamming it on.  Unscrewing it was quite a challenge.  There is too much spring in the transmission gears, etc. for an impact to do much good.  If you still have the tranny top off, lock it in 2 gears at once and get a long cheater bar for your breaker bar.   I didn't have the transmission top off, and stuck a pry bar about 3/4 square in the drive shaft yoke, and held the socket with adapter lug in place while a friend weighing about 240 pounds stepped on the end of my breaker bar and 4 ft pipe.  We barely got it loose, and it came hard all the way, the threads in the adapter were distorted.  It is a tight hand thread, so turn the adapter to the left to unscrew.  It is a fine thread with a long run, so it takes a while.  We put so much pressure on it I bent the pry bar I had stuck through yoke on the input shaft and braced against the bottom of the housing.  If you already have the tranny top on I believe you can get it in 2 gears by removing the pulley housing and reaching in through it.  If you have a cuss jar in your shop make sure you have plenty of change in your pocket.  :D

Thanks John, 

Got it off today finally.  I locked the brakes and put the H in gear,  as I was going to get the '6 pipe my friend, (who is all of 180lbs, popped it off with a breaker bar. 

Kinda surprised, but grateful it finally came off.