Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Indy Farmer

706 and sprayer

11 posts in this topic

I plan on spraying with my 706 gas. The sprayer pump is hydraulic. Am I good to go or will I have problems?

I ran a 806 for years on a sprayer w /hydraulic pump.  The key is you are only pulling a light sprayer, not running a tillage operation at the same time.  Try to set your gears/speed/sprayer pump so you can run at only partial throttle.   Asl long as you are not "pulling hard" adding the heat from pressurizing the sprayer pump will be fine.  Check your rear end housing once an awhile.  As long as you can touch it for a couple seconds without getting burned...you are OK.

Depending on the GPM requirements of your pump, and which one of the underpowered remote hydraulic pumps your 706 has in its guts, you MAY have problems.  I find that the weakest point of my 706G is the hitch/remote hydraulic pump.

6 hours ago, Indy Farmer said:

It's a 40 foot pull type 500 gallon that won't be filled all the way. 

You should be ok unless the oil gets hot and if it does, you will know it.

jerry

We did what your trying to do. 

We ended up putting tees in the hydraulic hoses and running a bypass hose and adjustable valve between the two hoses. 

What this did was we were able to bypass most of the pressure and only build enough psi to run the pump at desired speed. 

It kept the hydraulic oil much cooler and you didn't have the tractor hydraulic system running at such high pressure all day. 

Do you know which hitch/remote pump your tractor has?  I think it could be a 9, 13, or 17 GPM (please correct if I am wrong).  I would think the 13 or 17 should run it okay since you won't be using anything else in that hydraulic system (hitch and other remotes).  I don't know if the 9 would do it. Maybe?  And as everyone else has said, you won't know until you try whether the system has enough fluid capacity to dissipate the heat that pump hydraulic motor will generate.

Seems like it's really two questions: 

Does the tractor hydraulic pump make enough GPMs to turn the sprayer pump?

and

Does the system have enough fluid capacity to cool the oil over time, while in operation?

Simplest solution might be....

Hook 'er up and try 'er out!  And best of luck!

You should have the hydraulic flow capacity.  I think those pumps only need 3-4 gpm to work well--you run 7 gpm thru it and its screaming!   x2 on the hydraulic bypass, and I always an agitator bypass on the pump outlet  Always had the agitator wide open and still had plenty of flow. .  You just need to play with the settings, bypasses (both water and hydraulic) and the motor RPM and you will be fine.