nepoweshiekfarmalls

2017 Roundup: What are you bringing?

38 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, tony in ca. said:

Hope You find the motivation to bring it !  I know one guy that will be all over it , Mel Monterio from Calif. I been working on him to go. He has not given me a definitive answer other then," He met people he really liked last year & he wants to see them again." 

He is our resident Red tracks guy. He is featuring Red Tracks at CAFES this year.  Our 25 th year anniversary of the show & first time featuring Red tracks.  Next year , I'll be featuring  The I.H. Golden Years of Agriculture . Every and anything I.H..

He is our CAFES chairman this year but his job will be done by April 30ieth.  Then I take over for 18.

So he cannot say He is too busy to go RPRU !

Tony

Thanks, Tony.

I hope you'll be able to convince him to come along!

If it all works out, it might be like you fellas meeting an old neighbor since that machine came from your neck of the woods. (CA) ^_^

It was a far cry then from what it is now though.

Considerable elbow grease was required... <_<

PICT0099.jpg

14_zpsd90ccda2.jpg

FT

7 minutes ago, FarmallTom said:

Thanks, Tony.

I hope you'll be able to convince him to come along!

If it all works out, it might be like you fellas meeting an old neighbor since that machine came from your neck of the woods. (CA) ^_^

It was a far cry then from what it is now though.

Considerable elbow grease was required... <_<

PICT0099.jpg

14_zpsd90ccda2.jpg

FT

By the looks of the sight glass in that engine, you were the first person to be nice to her in a long time. "Considerable Elbow Grease" looks like a humble term for certain. Good work. 

To the top.

1967 656 hydro.  In the first 100 hydros made. Decal on hydro quadrant,  no decals on hood, no spin on hydraulic filter.  Loader is staying home!  My neighbors purchased it new.

20170502_211907.jpg

Aaron, I guess you and I are the only ones bringin' anything to the show this year.

Guess it won't take people very long to make the rounds... :P:lol:

FT

37 minutes ago, FarmallTom said:

Aaron, I guess you and I are the only ones bringin' anything to the show this year.

Guess it won't take people very long to make the rounds... :P:lol:

FT

Chime in, Gentlemen!  Show us those red beauties that you are polishing up. 😁

Hopefully bringing this baler to the show. A one owner 46 twine tie baler that is all original. I will be the second owner when the weather straightens out and we can get it out.

Went and looked at it a month ago or so. While looking over the baler I opened up the twine box and there laid the original owners manual. We worked out a deal as he wanted it to go to a good home.

The original owner is 92 I believe and still gets out to feed a hundred or so head of Angus cattle twice a day.

I think with some soap and water it will look almost brand new. I have had the thought about buffing and waxing the paint.

20170218_163837_zpstllth2zp.jpg

20170218_160123_zpscm5mdst1.jpg

20170218_160116_zpsn0c1ls8w.jpg

Also hoping to get this together and running soon and to the show. 1966 806. I bought it from a tractor jockey in November with 2 spun rod bearings. Tore the engine down and building it from scratch. Going to put a IH turbo setup on it when I get to that point. Wanting to use it around the farm and will probably get a corn picker mounted on it this fall.

20170409_161625_zpsg5ykzeec.jpg

20170414_191257_zpsfglfm58q.jpg

20160710_151936_zpsz0xelon5.jpg

Will have a 1456 and Super WD9 there.

We are bringing our friends Bud Youle, Paul Nystuen, Bill Schubert, and Gerry Salzman to RPRU. These tractor experts have inside stories you don’t want to miss! For our 4X4 fans, Jim Allen, author of the Scout book, will be at our booth. We are also bringing our cool new book, Red 4WD Tractors. This will be the first time the book is available anywhere. 

For more information click here: https://octanepress.com/RedPower

This photograph shows the experimental tractor, Big Jack, with engineers Paul Nystuen (left) and Jerry Joubert (right). 

P.S. We wanted to show a sneak peak of some of the cool content in Red 4WD Tractors:)

Steiger3_PN.jpg

4 hours ago, Irma Harding said:

We are bringing our friends Bud Youle, Paul Nystuen, Bill Schubert, and Gerry Salzman to RPRU. These tractor experts have inside stories you don’t want to miss! For our 4X4 fans, Jim Allen, author of the Scout book, will be at our booth. We are also bringing our cool new book, Red 4WD Tractors. This will be the first time the book is available anywhere. 

For more information click here: https://octanepress.com/RedPower

This photograph shows the experimental tractor, Big Jack, with engineers Paul Nystuen (left) and Jerry Joubert (right). 

P.S. We wanted to show a sneak peak of some of the cool content in Red 4WD Tractors:)

Steiger3_PN.jpg

Is bud youle speaking , i didnt see that he was  in the  lineup? Hope so i enjoyed his presentation  @ sedalia mo . 

I will be bringing a '69 756 Hi-Clear, and a '73 row crop 544 Hydro....

@oneharvester Yes, Bud Youle will be a part of our panel discussion on the design and evolution of the International 2+2. The presentation will be on Thursday from 1 pm to 1:45 pm. It is currently titled on the RPRU schedule of events as “Untold Stories of Machine Development at IH” with Gerry Salzman and Lee Klancher.