Sign in to follow this  
A.W. Gonya

Fast Hitch plow ID help needed.

Brought this one home today, looks different from most of the Fast hitch plows I have found online. 

Don't think it's "rare" but I would like to know what I have.  Going to use it behind the Super C hopefully. 

17917645_10206841975287266_2857806660927175927_o.jpg

Might be  C 292 or C 294 not sure  12 or 14 inch . Just a guess 

Corection  may be  a C 20  with a stationary plow gauge wheel attachment?

2-14" I think. 

I look on eBay at the manuals offered under Farmall plows and compare the illustration for a fast hitch SC plow. That as close as I can tell ya . 

Might work on your Super C, but I'm doubting it. First off, it would have to have the small points and from here I can't tell but am guessing it is the large points. If so, for sure won't work with the Super C. Secondly, you would have to have a place to hook up a top link on the Super C for the plow to work correctly.

What I can tell you for sure is  that plow was specifically made to work with the 300 Utility tractor. Forget right now the model number. See the piece sticking straight up on top of the plow. It is for a top link to hook to. The 300U is the only fast hitch tractor that requires a top link in addition to a fast hitch plow.

Good luck.

Agree w/ Tobaccoman.  Looks like large prongs to me.

7 minutes ago, Tobaccoman said:

Might work on your Super C, but I'm doubting it. First off, it would have to have the small points and from here I can't tell but am guessing it is the large points. If so, for sure won't work with the Super C. Secondly, you would have to have a place to hook up a top link on the Super C for the plow to work correctly.

What I can tell you for sure is  that plow was specifically made to work with the 300 Utility tractor. Forget right now the model number. See the piece sticking straight up on top of the plow. It is for a top link to hook to. The 300U is the only fast hitch tractor that requires a top link in addition to a fast hitch plow.

Good luck.

Your. Right about that , I missed that , don't know. 

Just curious , can't see the moldboards and shears very well are they super chief ?

Swell... 

Previous owner said it was small point, he has a S.C and said he used it on it.  

Guess all I can do is take some measurements.  Never had a fast hitch implement and bought on impulse. 

What about 350U? I have seen one like that before but never knew the model #. Agree with others for sure on being built for a Utility. Didn't those plows also pivot differently than the other FH plows? Vertical pivot vs rigid?

24 minutes ago, Tobaccoman said:

Good luck.

Is the 330 the same as a 300? 330 has small prong points 

Only need that particular plow for a 300U. The 350U has the traction control 2pth. Completely different lifting cylinder arrangement from a 300U.

Beg to disagree on the hitch socket size of a 330U. Those are large points sockets on the 330U.

AW

I forgot to add the previous owner could have "torched" the original large point into small points to use with his Super C. Wouldn't be the first time I've seen a butcher job like that.

Yes S H. The points on that plow pictured do indeed pivot up and down freely which as you know is quite different than the regular rigid points found on all the other fast hitch plow.

1 minute ago, Tobaccoman said:

AW

I forgot to add the previous owner could have "torched" the original large point into small points to use with his Super C. Wouldn't be the first time I've seen a butcher job like that.

Thanks, 

I kind of hope someone did, if I can make it work I will.  

Feeling pretty damn stupid right now.   Thought my search was over and I jumped too quick. 

36 minutes ago, Tobaccoman said:

Yes S H. The points on that plow pictured do indeed pivot up and down freely which as you know is quite different than the regular rigid points found on all the other fast hitch plow.

Thanks, I thought they did. 

It's a U-F 20 for the 300 Utility with the cushion hitch. We have a U-F 30 stashed in the barn that was originally purchased with our 300 utility. 20 designates 2 bottom and 30 for 3 bottom. The U is for the 300 Utility and F for Fasthitch. 

I think this fast hitch equipment is getting hard to find with attachments ,. Makes for educational topic to look for going down the road . 

Ike pikers say if it's something you never seen before and unusual buy ,cause when will you see it again ❓

OK, 

From what I can tell I think I can make it work,  I think the former owner probably did use it on his S.C. 

One, it looks like the points have been cut down, good news for me, I have zero interest in 300U's.

Two, it looks like the major difference is the rockshaft,  but there is a provision to keep the rockshaft from turning, which should allow the spring mechanism

to work just like a C20 plow.  It has the big compression spring mechanism like the other FH plows I have seen. 

Thanks for all the help gents, it is very much appreciated. Will let you know if it works. 

If I had to do it over again, I would probably just have bought another 2-14 #8 pull behind. 

But this will get you into those hard to reach corners a little better. ;)

For future reference if you if you measure the fast hitch point at the stop. large point measures three inches small point two and a half inches. This is the only difference the profile is the same.