Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mark Boersen

1970s D series pickup question

5 posts in this topic

Strange question. And maybe someone with an original D series pickup can answer this.

Did these 1970s trucks come with a jack, lug wrench, etc from factory? And if they did, where was it stored?

Does anyone have pics of this at all?  There is no mention of one (to my knowledge) in the Operators Manual.

I am wanting to find something that is close to period for my truck and was curious what they looked like.

Thanks!

If I remember right, they were under the hood. I had 4 or 5 of them but it was a long time ago.

I was wondering that myself... But was curious where and how they were fastened.  I don't see anything behind the seat....??

Not positive , Eason or Howard P may know better but I believe they were optional ,

I know that the 67B-68C trucks and travelalls had the jack mounted on the passenger

side inner fender , and I might as well say I need one !!  if anybody has one they want to

sell--- errr I will make a donation to your favorite charity :)

Guys I couldn't remember so I called a friend of mine that gave his truck to his son who lives about 400 miles away.  As luck would have it I gave him a call and he said I'm visiting my son and will step out and get some pictures for you. Couldn't have worked any better!! Sorry for the mouse bedding!!!

IMG950520_zpskqrtg0wa.jpg