Sign in to follow this  
DTI466

IH 886

DTI466    0

Will a DT414 fit right in place a of IH 886 frame?   Just curious.  If so, it would be alot cheaper than rebuilding the 360.  

DTI466    0

Nothing?  

IHC_1470    0

Pretty sure the 400 series is a little longer than the 300 series. So you would probably have to lengthen the frame to make it work.

DTI466    0

That is what I was assuming, but was just asking if anyone else has done this.  Don't know unless you ask.   I am assuming that the 886 frame and 1086 frame are the same length right?   

CDN 400    0

the rails are the same and even drilled all you need is the shorter fan shroud from any model with a 400 series engine.

DTI466    0

OK thanks.  

Binder686    0

Yes exactly and i would be interested in that old 360. Swap front and back covers and get different rad shroud maybe the fan too if yours has a 4 blade

tpr4274    0

I have an 806 that I am planning to do the same too. I know you can buy a conversion for a 5 9 Cummins for the 806 for like $1,500. Which includes the bellhousing and flywheel.

DOCTOR EVIL    0
On 4/8/2017 at 0:00 PM, CDN 400 said:

the rails are the same and even drilled all you need is the shorter fan shroud from any model with a 400 series engine.

I remember only ordering/expiditing two part numbers from IH Canton that made the frame rails,  a left and a right rail.  Fit everything from 786 to 1586.

acem    0

You need to look in the parts book.  There may be some small things that need changed due to the different engine length.  I am rebuilding my D360 but it would have been alot cheaper to replace it with a D414.  Thx-Ace

DirtBoyz07    0

Yes it will bolt right in like Dr Evil said , the holes are drilled for the front motor mounts and you will want the fan blade fron the 414,436,466 and maybe switch out the radiator if yours is getting coroded . 

Danny 

superih    0
4 hours ago, DirtBoyz07 said:

Yes it will bolt right in like Dr Evil said , the holes are drilled for the front motor mounts and you will want the fan blade fron the 414,436,466 and maybe switch out the radiator if yours is getting coroded . 

Danny 

x2

ive seen one with a 360 rebuilt and he put a turbo on it worked pretty good