Sign in to follow this  
farmallb

Kohler Engine

farmallb    0

I purchased a Cub Cadet 70 last year and but it did not have the original engine on it. I've searched everywhere but can't seem to find a K-161 engine for sale. I live in Virginia. Does anyone have any ideas as to where to look?

C. W. Moss

DOCTOR EVIL    0

The CC 70 out in my shop was bought brand new in 1965. The factory installed K-161 was rebuilt twice in six years and a complete K-181 replacement engine installed in 1972.   That little 7 HP engine was pulling it's guts out moving the tractor and running the 38" deck.   I'd buy a K-241 or K-301 engine and drop in your tractor.  Costs the same amount of money to rebuild but lasts 3-4 or more times as long.  I built a small flywheel K-321 for my model 72 about ten years ago.  Made a REAL tractor out of it!

farmallb    0

Where is a good place to look for one?

A.W. Gonya    0

farmallb, 

I will second the K241/K301 if you are going to use it.

There are two or three different Cub Cadet forums with classified sections, that is probably where I would go first. 

I know of some folks in Eastern PA that sell parts, but I can't think of anyone in Virginia off the top of my head. 

Eason    0

Ray Weaver in eastern Pa. has a bunch of parts cub cadets. Also check on craigslist