Sign in to follow this  

IH Historians....any details? 

Buddy just gave me this model plane/bank in box today.

International Harvester, logo , McCormick Deering & Farm Machines across the top of the red wings, old IHC logos on bottom of wings. Red engine cowling , tail, & tail wings. White fuselage with red stripe across middle . I  can  text pics to someone .......

2603FE78-8063-4AE7-BB2A-5E289079E257_zps

622CFC4A-9AC7-4E08-B663-47E82E9E3F4B_zps

5DE153EE-6C09-44EE-BABB-14A3B5709657_zps

No historical accuracy here.  It seems that Case-IH licensed the use of the names and logos for many uses.  I've seen a complete toy train done in IH colors and logos and there were innumerable pickups and semis of various makes carrying IH logos that never would have happened in the real world.

Harvester World Magazine, March-April 1955 had an article on the IH Aviation Department.  The first IH plane was a war surplus B-23 converted to a transport acquired in 1948 and named the Harold F McCormick.  By 1955, the airplane fleet had expanded to two DC-3s and two Beech D-18s, all much more tastefully painted (no Vegas).  The Department was discontinued sometime in the 1960s;it existed long enough for a new Scout to be photographed towing one of the DC-3s.

IH Aviation Department 1, First IH Plane, B-23, the Harold F. McCormick, 1948, Pilot William R. Dotter and Co-Pilot Walter Daiber  (3).jpg

IH Aviation Department 4, DC-3 with new Scout at Fort Wayne Airport (8).jpg

Thanks Howard. 

No CASEIH mention on plane or box. Vega Model 5, Collector edition bank. Liberty Classic with distribution by Spec Cast.

Often the fine print on the bottom of the box says something to the effect that the trademarks are licensed by whoever owns them.

Yes, I thought some mention of IH. No fine print...Sledgehammer will post some more pics....

172C4E07-7011-4AEC-9359-F03C1C128017_zps

7FB16EB8-0207-44E7-B44D-56E26CD3D14E_zps

Thanks Todd, I need you as my tech mentor!

3 minutes ago, Rainman said:

Thanks Todd, I need you as my tech mentor!

I'm no tech guy, but I will do what I can to help ;)

1 minute ago, Sledgehammer said:

I'm no tech guy, but I will do what I can to help ;)

Okay, I'll take all the help U can make stick .

BJ tried to give me some personal tutoring @ Union Grove last summer. But I guess I need a more intense brain workout!:blink:

Seems like I remember seeing those on store shelf quite a few years ago. I'm no toy expert just looks familiar. 

EBay listed some 100+ models of the same 1932 Lockheed Vega plane bank with 15 various company & personal colors.

Nascar, Kawasaki, Sentry Hardware, Red Crown Gasoline, Air Eastwood Flying Svs, Signal Gasoline, Kyle Petty, Reggie Jackson, Sinclair, Pepsi, Pennzoil, Sunoco, Olympia Beer, JD

priced from $6 to $60

Pam from Spec Cast said that only info she had about the Lockheed  Vega was that there were 5,100 units produced in 1993.