is that 8430 still sitting on that hill with all the trees growing around it at the junction of 24/40 near Tonganoxie or has someone finally rescued it from rusting into the ground

It has been gone a long time now, maybe close to ten years.  That place is abandoned, and all grown up in trees and brush around the house.  Rumor has it there is still a tractor or two in the shed but it is all enclosed so who knows.

Jere I'm sure it disappeared about the time frame of the racetrack

1999-2001

wasnt that the place that also had a 1468?

On 5/1/2017 at 9:30 PM, shot_gun_red said:

Jere I'm sure it disappeared about the time frame of the racetrack

1999-2001

wasnt that the place that also had a 1468?

Not sure how I missed this one but yes they did have a 1468 for a couple of years, traded it on a new 4440.

seen the ranch on the north side of 24 40 just east of town was cleaned back up .

whats the story there?

im looking for a specifi 8430 john deerewhich i bought brand new back in the fall of 1978 .Had it for 10 years before it was traded in. i always regetted trading that tractor and am trying to track it down . I was taken to the Rietzel Bros auction in the early winter months of 1988 I tried to find info from them but they had got rid of all there old records and couldn't help me. I was hoping some one might have seen it somewhere you would know it when you saw it the air intake was chromed by a freind of mine guarantied to never rust the last 4 digits in the vin number are 6716 hope someone has seen this tractor I would like to get it back and do a restoration on it. Anybody got any info please e mail me at poobler@hotmail.com thanks for reading this Find My John Deere request.    sincerly years gone by

Good luck in your search. Any pictures of it that might help someone recognize it?

I know its going to be a hard find but if i can jist find one preson who might have seen it at least I ll  have a state to start looking for it.Just a dream of mine but you never know who is out there reading e mails,hope fully some one with a good memory or knows alot of friends that get together now and then snd exchange stores . Still hoping for something to keep my dream alive. sincerly years gone by