Drewu223

K241 rebuild

I was rebuilding the Kohler k241 engine on my 109 that I got for $100 because it had a hole in the piston. Got it back from the machine shop and got to rebuilding it, and everything went smoothly until I put the oil pan on and realized that the oil dipper on the rod comes into contact with the oil pan and causes it to not turn over. What should I do about this? 

Grind it off to match the old one. Done it on quite a few. The 10 horse doesn't have a deep oil pan like the 12-16hp. 

I concur , done it , press ahead ?

Don't need to grind it off if you just source a K301-K321 oil pan.  It has the deep sump for the long dipper rod.  

Have helped with 3-4 rebuilds with several hundred hours on them running the long dipper and a deep pan. 

7 minutes ago, A.W. Gonya said:

Don't need to grind it off if you just source a K301-K321 oil pan.  It has the deep sump for the long dipper rod.  

Have helped with 3-4 rebuilds with several hundred hours on them running the long dipper and a deep pan. 

What do you do for to align power shaft ?

8 minutes ago, 560Dennis said:

What do you do for to align power shaft ?

Posted twice, sorry. 

Just now, A.W. Gonya said:

How do you mean?  

All that's changing is the oil pan.  A Cub Cadet 129 (K301) uses the same frame as Dreu229's 109.  No need to align anything. Everything will work. 

Use the current replacement  K241 rod unaltered, swap the flat oil pan for the deep sump pan and go.