Sign in to follow this  
Alex uk

Toy reduction sale, letting any gems go?

Alex uk    0

I have been thinking about sorting out some of my farm models a while now, to be honest I have only brought a handful of farm toys in the last few years.

I will just buy something that really catches my eye or something from a trip out and the like. 15 or so years ago I got into buying for the sake of buying I think, and many were just put away.

I have my favorite models in some glass cases , the rest have been stored in the attics for years. I 'd rather put my money into restoring real tractors and having a house and 3 children to look after takes effort too.

So after some looking and asking over the last year or so I have a plan to sell what you can see.In the UK we have a large farm toy show in April at Spalding . It the best attended show of the year and I have arranged to have a table there and sell .

IH 1/16 toys don't have a huge following in Europe, its now almost all 1/32 . As you will see I have all scales from the 1/8 Farmall M . lots of 1/16, a few 1/32 mini farm , and 1/64 66 sets and a few odd. 

I am really stuck on pricing the models I have been looking around the UK shows for ideas , I think most will be worth less than 10 years ago due to the lack of interest.

But just wanted to know if I am going to sell any real jewels , I know the blue box will be a little , but I'd be suprised if I can sell the regular shelf models for much more than $40 a piece.

If there is anything super rare let me know and we can always sort something out, though post to the USA will add cost.

DSC00585.thumb.jpg.6d4f90a67fd067ab3a3a31209def3f7a.jpg

Alex.

Alex uk    0

I should have resized pics smaller!

DSC00599.thumb.jpg.ee21d493f68a70502d1ff097263ea814.jpg

Tripp    0

Hi Alex UK - You have some nice pieces.    Have your considered Ebay?  

I would PM you on a couple pieces that I would be interested in.  However, besides shipping, the Canadian dollar is also a big factor compared to the pound!

ertlerik    0

A few of them made it to Holland, it was nice talking to you in Spalding Alex

IMG_1688 - kopie.JPG

Alex uk    0

Good to hear from you . I had a good time at the Spalding show . I still have the blue box 966 ,504 set and the 1/64 dealer set.

I think we talked about another friend I have in NL, is name is Frank Bulk from Steggeda . He had some tractor parts from me last year. 

We may look into coming over to the Zwolle show in the fall.