Sign in to follow this  
stronger800

First post. 1066 cab interior/trim advice please

Hello.  I'm new here.   Don't laugh, but I'm looking mostly for a place to buy replacement weatherstripping to go between the hood and  cab, and around the doors on '76 delux/factory cabs.  Parts diagrams say to "source locally", but my ability to "source anything locally"  hasnt been going very well.  Any tips? Thank you in advance.  

Hello and welcome to the forum, you should be able to fill your request at multiple places. K&M Manufacturing, Hy-Capcity, AP AIr to name a few. Most of these guys will not sell to end consumer have to go thru independent repair shop or dealer. 

Welcome. 

My uncle just bought all that weatherstripping online for his 1466 deluxe cab. I will find out what site and let you know. 

Welcome to the forum.  

Thank you guys.  Very much.  My local dealer, of 35 years, same parts guy (so he has a clue....I'm going to miss him when he retires) anyway, he had no advice for me.  Didn't think to check with hy-capacity.   Didn't even realize they did external stuff.   We have three 1066's and a 1466  with that style cab.  I try to keep them as tight as possible. 

I just checked K+M and Hycapacity.  They have glass, gauges, floor mats, but I can't wind find gaskets.  Not that they may not be there....I just can't find them. I'll try calling them tomorrow.   I'll search that AP Alr now, I had not  heard of them. 

30 pages on Steiner tractor parts.com, they've got a lot of stuff.....much cheaper than what I've been giving my dealer (for the same stuff I am pretty sure), but I did not  find gaskets there either.  If anybody has a link, a number or a name, I'll be all over it. Thanks again. 

Thank you.    I just poked around on their sight, and I can't make any of their material look like what I'm after.  

65806,  when you are able to check with your uncle, please let me know. 

Thanks again.

Will do. 

He wasn't home today but I should've able to get him tomorrow 

Try Steele Rubber Products I can usually match door seals from them.   Steelerubber.com

Thanks guys.  It's possible that I'm looking at the right product online, and just don't recognize it by its description or pic.  

That is exactly what I needed, thank you.  They show the door gaskets and the cab to hood gaskets,  nice.  I also snapped some pics today, via my  ultra high tech flip phone, and as soon as I email them to myself I'll try to get a few posted. Nothing fancy. Just Red hp. 

Either resize them smaller or you can exit out of forum and come back and it will let you do another. 

Its a pain. I usually just make them small file size

I use Photobucket to add pics. There is a thread that describes how to do that. There is more than one way.  Here is a link to that thread.